Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Donator subscription: Amazon issue

Started by WilliamButcher [3599902] on in Bugs & Issues.

3 replies · 36 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
WilliamButcher [3599902]

So I live in the U.S. and I do not have PayPal so when I went to purchase a yearly subscription I obviously clicked the amazon one but the link is to "amazon.co.uk" and when I log in it tells me i have to switch Amazons because its not in my region and when it switches it doesn't give me the payment process and i have tried this on mobile and it tells me to switch regions and still doesn't let me purchase the subscription

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

I'll ask Joshua to confirm if this is still the intended working after the rebuild. 

WilliamButcher [3599902]

Okay, so the issue does persist on an incognito window, and I even tried a different search engine. But I do PayPal as a guest, and it had me create an account anyway, but I would've just preferred going through Amazon because I had an existing account. The issue is the Amazon link; it links to the UK version of Amazon, and I'm located in the United States, not the United Kingdom. So to fix the issue, you would have to have both links for the US and UK. (which I could be wrong, but when I click the link, it states "amazon.co.uk" meaning it's sending me to the UK)

But I have subscribed, so my issue has been resolved.