This is a real weird behavior but I find no other reason for it to be happening except a really weird edge case interaction.
So I have my own war report script to calculate stuff.
I realized that my script, was showing one more attack than the war report. Weird
After much debug, I start to manually check the logs.
My surprise when this attack doesn't show ANYWHERE except the API
https://www.torn.com/page.php?sid=attackLog&ID=eade5cbc845b97a1bdf77584e5d56f78
Dunno_ attack on Minitamark ended at the same second he was then hospitalized, so I believe a race condition here prevented the attack to be counted on war.
API entry
{'id': 466355262, 'code': 'eade5cbc845b97a1bdf77584e5d56f78', 'started': 1776467939, 'ended': 1776467941, 'attacker': {'id': 2605836, 'name': 'Dunno_', 'level': 67, 'faction': {'id': 20303, 'name': 'The Saviors'}}, 'defender': {'id': 4002200, 'name': 'Minitamark', 'level': 42, 'faction': {'id': 8803, 'name': 'Buttgrass Inc'}}, 'result': 'Attacked', 'respect_gain': 0.0, 'respect_loss': 0.0, 'chain': 0, 'is_interrupted': False, 'is_stealthed': False, 'is_raid': False, 'is_ranked_war': True, 'modifiers': {'fair_fight': 1, 'war': 1, 'retaliation': 1, 'group': 1, 'overseas': 1, 'chain': 1, 'warlord': 1}, 'finishing_hit_effects': []}
Also this all shows 0 no respect gain. Although since it's attacked some respect should have been gained
EDIT: Asked Minitamark and they also have 0 reference to this attack on their logs
I'm currently posting this with TornTools enabled.