Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Defense build

Started by Hooch420 [4159164] on in Graveyard.

33 replies · 165 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
34
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Hooch420 [4159164]

For those that have made a full defense build I personally think it is the lamest way to play. With full defense build you don't take damage even when you have been hit with repeated critical hits, this should not happen if you get critical hit you should take damage and to be honest it ruins enjoyment of the game when you keep finding lame defense builders that obviously have no real skill in playing anything....... please fix this 

Elizabeth [2339829]

Yeah, no. What it sounds like is you've fought someone that you probably just shouldn't have attempted to fight alone in the first place. If you're struggling to deal damage, buddy up with some friends and take them on together, staggering your attacks. There is a distraction debuff when there's multiple attackers that decreases effective battlestats. Simply nerfing a singular stat is just a lazy, ridiculous, and unfun solution to a non-problem.

Hooch420 [4159164]

Sorry but a lower stat person that I  hit no faction... +15% defense bonus no other stat bonus me lvl 15 them lvl 13 . Not the first time this sort of thing has happened, I have decent strength and decent accuracy for my lvl and after hitting someone with 8 crit hits and repeated normal hits and absolutely no damage that is not normal and it is a pure defense build and is called being a pussy player that obviously us not that good at playing like a real person and is just as bad as people that use hacks and mods in game and think they are really good at it but in reality they have no real skills 

Elizabeth [2339829]

Well... Clearly they weren't a lower stat player than you, considering you couldn't even damage them. Choosing a 100% defense build is not hacking, it's very very far from it. There's a very real argument to be made that it's gotta be one of, if not the worst single stat build in the game. Being solely defense makes you pretty much good at two things: sitting on a wall and eating bullets. There's benefit to those things, make no mistake, but objectively speaking, it's a great way to stunt your growth as a player and make many aspects of the game very very difficult. Train your strength, take some drugs, gang up with a friend or two, and then take on players with higher stats than you.

Hooch420 [4159164]

I guess the concept of actually being a player and someone that just levels 1 stat and have much lower in every other stat goes over your head in the comprehension department,  as my stats were higher by a long shot aside from his 15%defense bonus and at no point did I say it was hacking,I did say it was as bad as hacking if you do it to try and be cool, but if you dont pay attention to what I said and twist it round that's up to you but at the end of the day a critical hit on anybody no matter how high their defense is should still do damage. If you can't grasp that concept then that's on you

Elizabeth [2339829]

I guess the concept of actually being a player and someone that just levels 1 stat and have much lower in every other stat goes over your head in the comprehension department

 

Are you sure about that?

 

my stats were higher by a long shot aside from his 15%defense bonus

 

Are you sure about that?

 

What it sounds like to me is that you attacked someone that you were under the impression would be a weak and easy target, did no damage, and are now whining that that's not fair and are unwilling to see any other perspective because you can't get over the fact that someone somewhere could possibly zero out the damage you do. Sound about right?

Hooch420 [4159164]

Your lack of comprehension to what had been said has completely gone over your head as I am not the only one that has the same problem. My only assumption on you is that you are a pure defense builder and like to think you are cool cos you take next to no damage,  and the fact that you completely over looked the part where I said  CRITICAL HITS SHOULD DO DAMEGE obviously was above uour reading level.  I don't care about normal hits not doing damage but critical hits should. I can critical hit for 800 at my lvl and for no damage to be taken is wrong

RayL_45 [4099425]

It seems you misinterpreted things, all stats have it's own value so the way you play you neglect all stats aside from def therefore you have high enough def to defend other players specifically the low level ones and manage to put stalemate on other yet the crucial part you neglect spd and attack where spd increase the probability of your attack hitting the target and str decide the damage output of your weapon. What you dont get is most player do happy junp therefore there stats increase is great at an early stage. Didn't you try to question yourself on how other player increase there overall stats?

Hooch420 [4159164]

Yes little miss defense build lvl 12 age near 2500 yes you just act tough with your massive high defense stats cos that's the only thing that makes you good in the game ......don't level and just pump defense so I can act cool when people try to attack me and then twist comments that have been made and ignore yhe main point of the thread. As a gamer of more than 40 year's have played many games delt with many quirks in games but this is the only game where a CRITICAL HIT WILL FO NO DAMAGE.  And your pea brain can't comprehend that it should fo damage even if it like 80dmg but no you have no concept of that you just go on about me supposedly whining when no I'm not I'm making a point/suggestion

Hooch420 [4159164]

I'm sorry but my strength is more than good enough but once again you have actually missed the point of what has been said and yes I know about happy jumps and do that myself....have you heard about using army pints for strength so you don't have to happy jump that? Yes I'm being sarcastic as you seem to think I have no clue about playing this game just like Elizabeth 

Elizabeth [2339829]

Your strength is 1,796. Hardly what I'd call "more than good enough". Great against the training dummy and inactives that signed up and never played again. You can only damage other players with, at most, 25,144 defense. Any higher and you'll be 100% mitigated. It's just part of the game. I understand fully what you're trying to say, but that's just not how Torn works. You'll probably find that Torn is different from other games in quite a few ways, albeit, the battlestats system being one of the more major and impactful ones. 

RayL_45 [4099425]

I'll tell you this but your stats is 30x lower than mine.

 

I guess your stuck in that mindset tho. Stats can reach billions here

Knirt [3033570]

I like fighting defense builds better than dex builds, let's me level weapons exp faster. 

 

Your stats are either built poorly, likely way lopsided or the guy is way above you.   Either way it's not game breaking.

 

If they are that lopsided they won't be killing people at their power either. 

Hooch420 [4159164]

Now see my strength against the person I attacked was more than good enough but compared to the likes of people have been playing gor a few months yes it is low and yes it was a inactive I was attacking. At no point dud I claim I was super strong or have massive stats as I am only a level 15 moving up slowly as it hadn't been easy to lvl when you land up in a war and spend most of it in hospital but that's the nature of the game as well.  And obviously there are some people here that have to prove how tough their lvl 90 is on my lvl 15 and that's fine too all it does is show yhe mentality of some of the players here

Hooch420 [4159164]

I would hope your stats would be higher than mine since you have been playing longer so that makes sense but I think your math's is slightly off....but thats all good