I feel like having players as staff has gotten a little out of hand recently. While I understand that Cherburn owns the game and nothing I say will influence who he decides to employee in real life I also feel that we as players and donators should be able to vote on staff. If they had a quarterly vote for players on staff I feel like that would quell the discontent from the portion of players that have been treated unfairly with federal or area bans. Just my ideas have a great day
Vote for staff
Started by poor [1532735] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 79 / 79 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 79
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 49 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 54 / 100
- Engagement score
- 77 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- CocheBasurero [3621520]
· 11 likes ·
The approach to punishment is very much personal and subjective (unless the individual has spent a 100K on donator packs) . Players as staff is a terrible idea when there seems to be so much personal opinion blurring staff decisions. - BULLY [2762673]
· 10 likes ·
So, just to clarify, it's okay that we be punished by staff for discrimination, but also wrong for us to point out discrimination by staff? - BULLY [2762673]
· 10 likes ·
I wholeheartedly agree. It may just be me, but I've seen a lot of what I would consider favoritism played by mods. I myself just want fair, and unbiased moderation that strictly adheres to the guidelines pointed out by the …
Good idea.
Facts^. If players are chosen as staff and have given the authority they should be chosen among the players by them.
The approach to punishment is very much personal and subjective (unless the individual has spent a 100K on donator packs) .
Players as staff is a terrible idea when there seems to be so much personal opinion blurring staff decisions.
I wholeheartedly agree. It may just be me, but I've seen a lot of what I would consider favoritism played by mods. I myself just want fair, and unbiased moderation that strictly adheres to the guidelines pointed out by the rules.
Also, from the looks of the travel map, Ton City appears to be on the border of Louisiana and Texas, which would make voting lore accurate.
I'm not sympathizing for staff, as much as I am shaking my heads at folks who cry discrimination in online game communities.
Basically bring back all the unreasonable Feds. Mrrightsa brizo and whom.
#FreeWhom #FreeBrizo #FreeMRRightSA 🐦🐦🐦
So, just to clarify, it's okay that we be punished by staff for discrimination, but also wrong for us to point out discrimination by staff?
It's more about what actually counts as "discrimination by staff" and how much of that is really just petty grievances and not real, actual problems that need to be addressed.
Frankly, I don't buy it. People who swear they are being discriminated against in a game, more times than not, are simply feeling the consequences of their own actions.
Edit: Also, not trusting players to be staff, but trusting players to elect players to be staff? That logic checks.
So, instead of inquiring about said discrimintation which you may question, you rather just nay-say and shake your head? Honestly, that's a genius method of deflection.
I myself have been issued IRL death threats in this game by someone living in my own city, but my very detailed report were thrown out. But hey, when it's someone in global clowning about someone being catfished, they are punished. But yes, we are wrong to shout discrimination and favoritism, right?
Edit concerning your edit: Would you rather the new heads of your locality that you feel has been corrupted to be chosen by the corrupt, or by the locals?
Mandatory "this idiot can vote!" reply
You don't like my vote? Shucks, sorry mate. Stay out of global.
This is forums, but thanks for confirming you are indeed a retard.
Player threatens sexual violence against my mother and sister - slap on the wrist
Multiple players tell me to kill myself - again slap on the wrist
Player tells me to up my home security, tells me I'm easy to find, tells me I can't protect myself- not deemed to be harassment
It's a bit absurd 🐥
You were crying about being attacked in global, unless I read that wrong. Then staff "discriminated" you by not caring.
Keep up with your own sob story.
Who said they don’t trust players as staff? Maybe read a post before you comment
You're still playing despite all these "real" threats though. How scared can you be?
where has he said that you imbecilic protozoa 🦠
I have never cried about being attacked in Global, you indeed read it wrong, I would advise you go back and work on your reading comprehension rather than your ability to troll.
Keep up with that retarded ass argument that you are already backpaddling on little boy.