Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

More to do

Started by MyCrackersBroke [4134788] on in Suggestions.

6 replies · 24 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
MyCrackersBroke [4134788]

Don’t get me wrong, I like torn and I like what it’s about but at my level and stats, the same old, monotonous routine kinda gets old and right now the main thing that’s keeping me attached to the game is probably the casino, poker specifically. Just kind of wishing there was just a little bit more to do. Who knows, maybe I’m spoiled and maybe I’m just wanting too much and to some it may be blasphemy but I can’t be the only one to feel this way, can I? Just a suggestion…and more of a comment really.

Elizabeth [2339829]

First of all, chill. The content of your suggestion and the fact that you bumped this thread twice within five minutes of posting tells me a lot.

 

Torn is a marathon, not a sprint. You've been here two months. This isn't a game that's intended to take hours and hours of your day, every single day. It can, for sure, particularly if you're a trader. But "at your level and stats" if you've already done your regularly scheduled crimes and training at the gym, your next stop should probably be the tutorials and guides forum. There, you can find guides on various parts of Torn and prepare yourself for what comes when you're out of the new player stage. 

 

If you're looking for instant gratification, that's fine, but I'd recommend you fill your free time between trains and crimes with other games.

MyCrackersBroke [4134788]

OK ouch.
I think you should chill. I don’t know what’s got you so upset over a post. Sorry I don’t have unlimited free time like you do. Your response to my post says a lot about you specifically. I am following torn guidelines and posting a suggestion. Where do you get off criticizing a suggestion? I hope you lose billions in poker.

Have a nice day.

-C

MyCrackersBroke [4134788]

Also, why are you hunting down posts and responding to them? I think you should find something better to do in torn than just posting on forums. If that’s what you’re all about you might as well skip torn and go to Reddit or four Chan or something like that. Thanks for your useless input, though how about in the future instead of integrating my post you actually add some constructive criticism that would actually help out instead of putting down. Kind of says a lot about your character.

JackKelly [2271177]

To be fair, when you bump a thread, it's to draw attention to it. So it isnt like she had to go searching for yours. While it is within the rules for you to post in the suggestions forums, it is also within the rules for your suggestion to be criticized by anyone that reads it. 

 

It's kind of funny, that on one hand you want more to do, but a few minutes later, you don't have all day to be on Torn. One of the best things about this game, is that you can spend a minute playing it, three times a day, and you can make amazing progress with your character. Naturally, the more time you spend the more progress you would make, particularly in the networth department. 

 

Lastly, there is no substance in this suggestion. Just asking for more to do. Unfortunately, there is a little more to it than that. As you can see with your boxing suggestion, when you actually try to start figuring out a system that makes sense, fits in with the current game mechanics, is engaging to new players and older players alike, is rewarding enough to get people to do it, but doesnt crash the economy with rewards, can't be abused and is somewhat balanced, it becomes quite difficult.