Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Polygamous Marriages

Started by iRawt [4287117] on in Suggestions.

1 replies · 18 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
32 / 100
iRawt [4287117]

Don't see why in the big 26, we can only be married to one person at a time in Torn City.
Obviously I'm a new player but I think it would bring lots of funny/interesting dynamics to the game, and to me, a system that seems kinda lackluster and dated (The marriage system.) 

I don't really see how it'd be overpowered or mess with any of the game meta, but again, I'm very new so let me know if I'm completely wrong. Just a thought lol

Elizabeth [2339829]

Well, let's start with the fact that most countries don't recognize polygamy, and Torn is/was a part of the US.

 

As for not being broken, it depends on where you draw the line. Are we talking a marriage can consist of three people or are we talking twenty people? Or god forbid limitless? Three people, sure it's not super overpowered, or anything, but it does, essentially, nullify a third of the property market. Who in their right mind wouldn't allow a third, rent paying tenant of their property when all you have to do is say you're married? And, of course, this spirals way out of control the more people you allow.

 

So probably not.

 

#chedging