Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Storagebox in inventory

Started by BangR [4253406] on in Suggestions.

9 replies · 27 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
BangR [4253406]

 

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for develpment of torn???

 

 

 

Is there anyway store items (That are never ment to be sold or used) away in once inventory?

 

 

 

It could be like a cache or a boxs or maybe storage-unit for enhancers, tools and things that thje player knows he will be using later.

 

 

 

Hope it makes scense :)

 

 

 

Thx

 

BangR

Elizabeth [2339829]

This IS the place to make suggestions for the development of Torn! Hit the nail on the head.

 

But what you're looking for, effectively, does already exist. If you go to the points building, what you're looking for is a "Display Case". That will effectively allow you to store selected items outside your inventory without risk of accidentally using or selling them.

 

#chedging

Control [3797240]

You can already put a limited amount of items in a box or parcel.

 

Most people use their display case as such as it's unlimited in terms of space. However, everyone will be able to see what you put in. So maybe a storage box is something that would add to convenience and declutter our inventories. 

 

It might be useful. R+ 

Matrix [3634046]

Yeah the display case is a way to take things out of inventory, but what this player is suggesting is a good idea in my opinion, because it would be nice to store things away in a storage bin of some type, without wanting to show it to other players via your display case.

This would be different than a standard box you can put things in because boxes have a maximum limit of items you can put in them.

Elizabeth [2339829]

How often do you actually find yourself looking at another players display case? How often do you think people visit your display case? What exactly do you own that you don't wish for other players to know about? And why?

 

#chedging

Matrix [3634046]

Just the principle idea of having the option to store items as suggested initially in this thread, but not display them for other players to see. With hundreds of thousands of players, there are a good percentage of players that do look at others' display case. We may not, but people do. That is the purpose of why they were created after all.

 

Elizabeth [2339829]

Love how you casually danced around the more pertinent questions about what you don't want the world to know you have and why, while addressing the premise in the same sentence.

 

The only thing that comes to mind that someone might not want the world to know they have is a dirty bomb. I can't in my right mind imagine a world where someone accidentally uses or sells a dirty bomb, so there really shouldn't be much need to put it "in storage" other than to show people you have it.

 

#chedging

Matrix [3634046]

That never crossed my mind. I'm still new to Torn technically after a little over 1 year of playing. I don't personally understand how that type of stuff works, and never will be interested in it due to not joining any factions that go to war.

As to your pertinent questions that I didn't answer...

1: How often do you actually find yourself looking at another players display case? 
2: How often do you think people visit your display case? 
3: What exactly do you own that you don't wish for other players to know about? And why?


1: I do from time to time look at display cases, not super often, but I do. Only because that is why they were created and sometimes I do find interesting things in display cases. I find it fun from time to time to do so.

2: Not sure. Although i am active in my faction, active in my company, active in DMs, active in the forums, etc. So by putting myself out there more than players that keep to themselves, statistically speaking, my profile page is more likely to be visited (and display case observed).

3: Nothing personally. Not that I can think of. However, Even though I personally don't have anything that I can think of, doesn't mean others don't have stuff they want to keep private. If this suggestion ever did get implemented, I would be a player that would utilize it, because why not?

Circling back to your comment on dirty bombs...

Torn City is a rough game. It isn't rainbows and butterflies. So if a suggestion like this were to be implemented in Torn and players were to utilize it for dirty bombs, what is your point? Players can send money anonymously and send mail anonymously, technically, Players mug other players, and are able to do so by hiding behind the name of "Someone" ... This game is full of gritty, crime-stylized gameplay that may not be fair to others. Am I personally going to use this type of suggestion from the initial post to hide dirty bombs? No. I don't ever see myself going that route in this game. I am more a laid back and in a faction that focuses on chains and OCs. 

Overall, I think it is a cool idea because boxes in the inventory only allow x amount of items in it (a limit). What this player is suggesting is:

 

Is there anyway store items (That are never ment to be sold or used) away in once inventory? It could be like a cache or a boxs or maybe storage-unit for enhancers, tools and things that thje player knows he will be using later.



Which would be great with no limit.

All this being said, if this never came to light and Torn kept the inventory as is, with boxes, and display case.... i'm fine with that too.

I just think their idea is a good one, that's all.

Elizabeth [2339829]

Circling back to your comment on dirty bombs...

Torn City is a rough game. It isn't rainbows and butterflies. So if a suggestion like this were to be implemented in Torn and players were to utilize it for dirty bombs, what is your point?

That wasn't the point in the slightest. The point about dirty bombs was just that that's the only thing I can think of that someone might own and not want other players to know they own. If you'd read the very next sentence in my post, you'd know the point was that, even taking into consideration that some players might not want others to know they have a dirty bomb, it's a moot point to begin with because no one is going to accidentally use or sell a dirty bomb, so there's no point in having a place to put it where it both cannot be accessed and isn't visible to the public.

 

All this to bring me back to the original point, why is having another place to put your stuff necessary? Dirty bombs aside (as again, they're a moot point here), nothing comes to mind that someone would own but would explicitly not want other players to know they own. With that in mind, what exactly is the goal here? We already have a limitless storage space where you can put items that you don't want to accidentally use or sell, emphasis on the limitless part there, since the basic inventory does have a limited size. I simply cannot come up with a situation where I would

  • Have an item
  • Want to store it somewhere (making it unable to be accidentally sold or used)
  • And not want anyone to know that I own said item

Help me out here. What scenario is playing out in your head that warrants this that I'm not seeing?

 

#chedging

Matrix [3634046]

Your point is valid. I agree with what you are saying. Inventory already works. That being said, if this did come to fruition... i would still utilize it lol