Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat bug typing...

Started by DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 37 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
41 / 100
DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

Apologies I don't have screenahots. However,  I have noticed two reoccurring bugs the past few days.

 

The first is when someone sends me a message the preview stays as "Typing.."  until I click on it to open the message.

 

The other, which has mostly affected the faction chat. The faction chat will show something like "20 unread messages." When I click on it, it goes back to messages I have read, and some I even sent myself. Clearly my own messages aren't unread lol

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

The first is when someone sends me a message the preview stays as "Typing.."  until I click on it to open the message.

 

Click on "what" to open the message? How are you seeing the typing indicator if the chat box is not already open?

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

Apologies, I am on PC now so I can provide screenshots.

The "Typing..." preview would appear here in "Your private chats." When I then click on the message the other person is not typing, and instead send their message a few minutes ago. I have seen this two or three times in both Chrome on Desktop and TornPDA on Android

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

Here's another example from today. When I logged on someone had sent me a message 8 hours ago but the preview just said "typing..."