Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Comics 2.0

Started by FelixMatthias [3542991] on in Suggestions.

3 replies · 36 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
18
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100
FelixMatthias [3542991]

Suggestion threads regarding comics are fairly sparse:

Seeing a players submitted comics.

Rating comics

More merits

 

Torn puts a number on everything, so why not comic publications? Maybe it is not something considered important by the masses, but I, as an artist, would love to see change.

 

 

Now, I realise with my very limited understanding of coding, that I am not fully aware of the work required behind the following ideas, but I hope to present a few ideas of varying complexity.

 

Comic Stats!

I think this would be the easiest to implement. Each time a comic is approved for publication the player's 'Comic's Published' stat increases. 

 

Just like any stat in the game. I think it would be a great measure for how many folks repeatedly submit comics.

 

This would also form the basis for the other suggestions.

 

Pros:

- Numbers go brrrrrr

- More community engagement

- my selfish need for assurance is satisfied

 

Illustrator Title

I'm not going to ask for merits/medals, although I do think they could push people to flex their creative muscles. But, if we are tracking stats already, then why not throw in a title for those who make repeated comics.

 

Pros:

- recognition for illustrators

- finally, a way out of this scavenger title, please!

 

Linked Comic Submissions

Okay, so this is a big ask. But the same way we track forum posts or comments, you could have a secondary link to a player's comic submissions.

 

Pros:

- People could make series of comics, with repeated characters, rather than just short gags.

- If you find a comic you like, you could view the illustrator's other work

 

 

 

What do we want?

No, but overall I think the changes (or some of) suggested here would foster engagement and improve the satisfaction of creating comics for the newspaper.

 

TLDR: comic Stats, please.

 

Any further discussion/suggestions/alternatives welcomed.

Mentions: Being able to upvote comics · New merits/honours · Viewing all comics someone has submitted

JediSteve [2842705]

I really love this idea!

Oftentimes I miss the nuances of comics because of that lack of history. This would certainly help.

It would also encourage me to to explore this avenue of creativeness!

Elizabeth [2339829]

Sure. I mean, we have a stat right now for the number of Personal Ads posted, which I feel is a pretty underwhelming feature/statistic, why not have one for comics? 

 

#chedging

FelixMatthias [3542991]

Exactly! Why not have one for something people have actually put time and effort into?

 

Im making sweeping generalisations that people don't write beautiful prose in personal ads...