Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Getting poached sucks

Started by TmTheEnchanter [2864080] on in Graveyard.

123 replies · 1.82k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 124 / 124 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
124
Discussion span
→
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
70 / 100
Engagement score
87 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Faction 8766 ×1 HD007 [1995771] ×1

DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter

 I recently lost my number 1 friend

 

 Oh well good riddance

 

 

 

Wait are we not allowed to be friends with people i other factions? 

Cazio [585240]

That's just how it goes. Getting into a better faction is natural progression. Not many people want to stay in a noob faction once they outgrow it. The opportunities in more established factions are just much better. Try not to take it personally.

Magic [2471842]

Players are actively hurting themselves by being in your 300k respect faction.

 

If you want to keep engaged, ambitious players you're going to need to fork out for a faction shell with at least 1m respect, otherwise they're going to leave just for better perks. It sucks to have shitty steadfast, no extra energy from cans, etc. No decent player is going to limit themselves like that for a maybe sorta good community.

 

And if your response to this is "I can't afford a 1m respect shell" then maybe you should evaluate that response and think that maybe leading a faction at this point in your account isn't for you.

DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter

It is possible to lead sub 1m favs properly though. I’ve brought my faction up from 5k and hoping to hit 1,000,000 either this month or early next month, 

its hard, people will leave, but its good fun if you enjoy leading. Issue is sitting in a small shell and not trying to make it grow. That’s the situation we were in August of last year, sat at around 300k respect. Our old co-leader left, and that kicked me into wanting to actually grow instead of sitting just idle 

LoneBlackBear [3163918]

Ive had a number of offers over the last 2 years, mergers, sale, leave for bigger faction, keep smaller as training, etc. etc.
Almost every war, the other faction, winning or losing, (mostly the kicking our butts ones.) ask some of my faction peeps to join them.
I love my peeps enough to be happy for them, and yes sad for me and the faction.
But if I really cared as a leader, I'd want whats best for them.
I know it sucks losing that close contact of faction member..
I still talk with ex-members, and I still care for them. Delldax, jesse, warrior, etc. etc.
One thing that helped, was I went through our factions details and found old members names, and reached out to them, check thier progress, offer help.
A friend doesn't stop being a friend from changing faction, Im guessing it took you by surprise, and you kinda feel betrayed.
Those are valid feelings.
The best way to get past that, is to throw yourself at bettering yourself and your faction
and hope for thier success with thier new faction.