Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

OneMugToRuleThemAll

Started by Dery2k [3713293] on in Fun & Games.

5 replies · 96 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

Dery2k [3713293]

Good evening.

Name’s Dery2k.
I’m looking at running a mugging event and want feedback before I set it live.


🧳 Game Concept: “Highest Mug Wins”

Objective (if launched):
Be the player who mugs the single highest amount of money from me (Dery2k) during the event.

Not total over time.
One mug. One number. Highest wins.


💰 Prize Pool & Payout

The game will be funded by:

  • 100,000,000 (100m) from me to start, plus
  • Any donations sent in specifically for the event.

So the Grand Total Pot is:

Grand Total = My 100m + All money donated for the event

At the end (if launched):

  • Winner (highest single mug on Dery2k) gets 75% of the Grand Total
  • House (me) keeps 25%

During the event, I will be actively putting away money for the grand prize, building up funds and adding more weight to the final payout.

If you want to directly support me (not the prize pot), you can also send me a Xanax as a personal tip.


📜 Transparency – Discord Logging (With Slight Delay)

If we go ahead:

  • All cash donations and the growing pot will be logged in a Discord channel
  • All notable mugs on me (amounts and players) will also be logged there

You’ll be able to see all mugs and the pot total, but with a slight delay (updates won’t always be instant, but they will be regular and accurate).


🔫 How It Would Work (If Approved)

  1. I put in 100m to start the pot.
  2. Players donate cash to “Dery2k” with a note for the game to grow it.
  3. I put away money over the course of the event to help build the grand prize.
  4. You attack and mug me (normal Torn rules).
  5. You save proof of your best mug (screenshot / battle log).
  6. At the end, highest single mug on Dery2k wins 75% of the final Grand Total.

🕒 Status: Not Started – Waiting on Feedback

  • Event is not live yet
  • No start/end time set
  • We’re waiting on feedback and interest before launching

Once there’s enough interest, I’ll:

  • Post final rules
  • Share the Discord link
  • Announce official start and end times

💬 Looking for Input

  • Would you join this?
  • Would you donate to boost the pot?
  • Any rule tweaks you’d like to see?

Reply here or message me.

— Dery2k
“If you want the money, come and take it.”

 

Helpers 

4050385 [4050385]

OverJoyous [4146244]

 

Dery2k [3713293]

thank you for your feed back none of these numbers are final yet so its open to change and  how else would you like to go about have a top 3 and then have people vote for winner ? 

 

ShyEevee [3108308]

I mean, I'd be so down but I don't think I'd be able to even scratch you 😂 

 

And wouldn't the highest mugged be both the fastest / highest merit player? 

spookieolive [2728974]

I agree with Promaxian that this could easily be rigged. Are you regularly keeping cash on your person? If not, most mugs will just be $0. Unless of course, someone sends you a heap of money or buys from your bazaar before mugging you. 

 

And you could totally plan on just having $0 at all times during the event until one of your friends comes around and is ready to mug, in which case you grab a few stacks of cash before they attack.

 

I also agree 25% for house is wayyy too high. You're offering a $100m prize but you're only actually giving $75m? Only offer what you're willing to pay out.

 

This sounds like a weird way to try and get free defends out of lower stat players who don't know better