Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Pride month..Why?

Started by MissRobott [3565510] on in Graveyard.

84 replies · 330 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 85 / 85 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
85
Discussion span
→
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

MissRobott [3565510]

I'm here just to discuss one thing,since we all got the right to be anyone or anything we want,why do we need to celebrate this every year?

Isn't it our right too to accept/refuse it?why it's becoming an obligation on societies and now on everything?

Why games?why football?why everywhere?

If its as all say a right and a person's freedom,why celebrate a thing that's to be a normal thing?

Because let me say one last thing,celebrating it in this way keeps reminding the people who refuse it to keep refusing,not accepting

What's your opinion?o.O

Lady_White [2676391]

Isn't it our right too to accept/refuse it?why it's becoming an obligation on societies and now on everything?

It's not, I don't celebrate it, and it's very easy to avoid it.

 

If its as all say a right and a person's freedom,why celebrate a thing that's to be a normal thing?

Because some people don't recognise it as a normal thing. There's still countless numbers of people who can't or won't come out because they'll be, at best, ostracized, at worst, executed. While that remains in any way in the world, pride month and it's festivals are straight up needed.

 

Because let me say one last thing,celebrating it in this way keeps reminding the people who refuse it to keep refusing,not accepting

Refusing something that exists, just because you don't accept it is probably one of the most retarded things someone can do. Pride isn't a philosophically debate. Just because you refuse to believe it, doesn't mean people stop being gay.

MissRobott [3565510]

I'm not triggered,I'm not even talking in a bad way

I'm saying why force the celebration on everyone else?like if u were Christian do you go and force ur celebrations on Jewish or Muslims?..

If someone is gay that's their choice,but it doesn't mean everyone should celebrate it for them?

Tell me where am I wrong in this?

tits [3679976]

Please provide photographic evidence of someone forcing you to celebrate pride. I'm now sexually intrigued. Don't bitch out.

CrashCoredump [1359983]

> be meh

> be banned from 4chan

> open browser

> go to torn city dot cum

> go to forums

> search for pride thread

> open said thread

> read posts

> "STOP SHOVING IT DOWN MY THROAT BROUH"

CrashCoredump [1359983]

that's not true i bought a "gay agenda" from etsy and it clearly stated ramming giant pride posts down OPs gaping mouth for the entire month of june

Azezel [3565957]

Easter and Christmas are two widely celebrated holidays that also have events in this game and (in their origin at least) are Christian holidays.

 

 Pride month is fairly easy to avoid if you don't wish to celebrate it, and by no means is it a requirement to partake in festivities around you. Nobody is going to force you to go to a pride event, you just will also have to accept that there are many around you who would attend such events and want to talk about them/celebrate, so the events will still occur and you will still hear about them. If you don't like them, just don't interact.

RealTeel [3008047]

I see what your trying to do here... I won't humor you, I'll instead answer it literally and logically (is there a better way?)

 

Torn is a company, and celebrating pride month is just what companies do. Why? Because it's trendy. And because being inclusive probably brings in more customers than it isolates. 🤷 That's not me saying it's wrong, or ANYTHING like that..... That's just the reality. 

 

And if I had to guess, I would say Torn as a company has a demographic that is much more open to being okay (or happy) about them celebrating pride.

 

Hopefully this isn't to much of a cold observation, but companies are not people. Anything they do is with money in mind. 

 

MissRobott [3565510]

That's convincing

But what I'm asking is in general sense not only in torn

Just look at the replies,if one simple question that I really want an answer to can give back this much hate,how do we expect people to accept it?I didn't even say one hate word,all I'm saying here is that there are too many other subjects in world around us that need some light shed too,but the propaganda on this month is more than anything else,reaching to put it in everywhere even in sports events and games

 

CrashCoredump [1359983]

> be meh

> be pretending to "just asking questions"

> be using muh loaded big words i learned on 4chan like "progaganda"
> be the actual victim here