Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Type Tool for the Notepad

Started by Jadedpixii [4053336] on in Suggestions.

2 replies · 10 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
32 / 100
Jadedpixii [4053336]

There are many tools, scripts, and guides probably as there are ways to play. Out of all these things, the notepad you get through being a donator/subscriber is a favorite and highly used tool. 

 

The simplicity of the notepad makes is great, and I personally dont want that to change, but a simple type tool like we have in forums would be amazing for those who use theirs alot. 

 

Sitting at the bottom of the note, possibly with other features, like adding an image, or emojis would help people organize their gameplay more efficiently without affecting the minimalism of the design. 

[image: postimages.org]

 

 

*QoL suggestion solely because I have been obsessed with the notepad ever since I got it*

Elizabeth [2339829]

Yeah, this gets suggested every now and again, and I still fully agree that it'd be really nice to have an updated notepad with full text editor available, but I also understand that, realistically speaking, it's just not actually necessary. Almost all devices come with some form of note taking application, and better ones are incredibly easy to find (notepad++ being a personal favourite).

 

#chedging

Jadedpixii [4053336]

Of course there are better ways to take notes, but unless you're using desktop, leaving the game/switching apps would hardly be worth it— probably one of the reasons PDA is a browser.

 

Even as players adapt to new tools, the notepad remains their precursor,—  even when constructing the simplest of blueprints, the architect uses their tools. A strong blueprint gives way to successful execution.

 

Also, a type tool would bring aesthetic balance. Its not that without it we wont have a smoother experience, but that with it we could have a smoother experience.

 

I know its not necessary, but it is only a quality of life suggestion. If its brought up that often though, maybe in 10 years id be able to make colorful and pretty notes haha

 

*also im glad I found someone who loves the notepad as much as I do haha