Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Display case script

Started by ShyEevee [3108308] on in Questions & Answers.

4 replies · 50 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
ShyEevee [3108308]

I (roughly) understand the scripting rule is "No automation", but I am also wondering why it would be a problem to have a script that sorts your display case for you. 

 

You would need one click to actually sort and still another click to save the changes (assumedly after you double check it worked properly). Nothing is saved on the page before "Save changes" is actually clicked so is that one interaction or is that many? 

pdk [3626257]

Sorting is click-drag for each item. If its not too many items, do it manually. If its too many, who cares whether its sorted? sort whenever u add something new

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

If it sorts it while you have the page active and visible I see no reason why a script to sort the page would be against the rules. What you can't have is a script that filters items in and out of your active inventory automatically. 

 

Is there some sort of script that you're attempting to create and being told specifically that you can't? 

ShyEevee [3108308]

@PDK I care 🥲 and I do... 

 

@OHadik well I spoke to a script creator and they had told me it was illegal (so this post is also an attempt to confirm that) and ya, as far as I can think, I don't believe any scripts I'd want to make would break rules as they aren't giving me any advantage and any "automation" would still need confirmations before going to the server (as far as I'm aware anywho, I'm very much a noob)

 

@viscously that wouldve been at least way more helpful than nothing