Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

CAN SOMEONE SHOW ME THE LINE????

Started by 4104784 [4104784] on in Graveyard.

73 replies · 537 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 74 / 74 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
74
Discussion span
→
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

4104784 [4104784]

Hi, my name is 4104784.

 

Now, I'm fully aware that this name lacks the creativity the average Torn citizen usually pours into their username. Which is ironic, because I'd like to think of myself as a fairly creative person.

 

In fact, I take a strange amount of pride in the idea that someone might stumble across my profile and leave either confused, mildly traumatized, or at the very least with a chuckle.

 

So why is my name 

 

Well, my first name was PrinceJogie, which if your sharp enough, you'd notice I was mixing bogie and Princess Julie, simply because at the time I thought it would be hilarious to message bogie on my brand new restart account and go...

 

"Dad? Is that you?" With my profile vaguely resembling a mix of the two torn staff members. 

Notice the watermelon filled with baked beans in my hands. Then take a look at my faction name. After that, you'll probably start noticing that every member of my faction is also proudly carrying their own beanmelon.

 

You may have even stumbled across a few people outside the faction wielding one as well. That's because my faction leader has made it his personal mission to spread the gospel of the beanmelon, often paying unsuspecting citizens to join his ever-growing cult.

 

However, this name and profile was short-lived after Ched allowed Torn citizens to say a very special word, one that many of us hold close to our hearts.

FUCK

The word found its way into virtually every single sentence that week.I was no exception to this trend, because im a child at heart and Pappa Ched said its ok to say the F word.

 

So, in a moment of questionable judgment, I told my faction that I'd change my name to absolutely anything they wanted, provided they covered the cost.

 

Unfortunately, someone took me up on the offer.

 

And so, before I knew it, my name had been officially changed to FuckmyBeanMelon.

 

To complete the transformation, I updated my profile picture to a ChatGPT-generated image of a watermelon filled with baked beans, accompanied by a conveniently placed hole carved into the middle.

 

It's disgusting, it's grotesque, and it's certainly not something you look at without immediately thinking, "What the fuck?"

 

But at the same time, it's just a watermelon with a hole in it. What you choose to believe that hole is for is entirely up to your own imagination.

 

Still, it was wrong. There are children on this platform, and a responsible, functional adult would never do something so childish.

 

Luckily, I am neither responsible nor particularly functional.

 

Regardless, I had my laugh. A few people reached out with comments, a few got a chuckle out of it, and life carried on.

About a month passed, and the whole thing faded into the background.

Which brings us to yesterday, when I logged into Torn and was greeted with the following message.

Do the staff have a point? Absolutely.

 

The profile picture paired with my username is extremely questionable, and I have no intention of pretending otherwise or arguing that the staff were wrong for taking issue with it. If anything, I'd applaud them for having the decency to remove it.

 

Honestly, the fact that it lasted as long as it did is probably the more surprising part of this story.

 

So why did I do it then?

 

Because despite knowing all of this, I genuinely believed the bar for what you can put on your profile was set remarkably low.

 

And I understand that whoever reported me likely did so with good intentions. But if you're reading this right now, let me ask you something:

 

Have you ever reported one of the hundreds of profiles in this game featuring women strategically displaying as much skin as possible to promote their OnlyFans?

Of course not.

Because apparently it's perfectly acceptable for someone to shove their cleavage in my face and go on to win Miss Torn.

But God forbid I generate a picture of a watermelon with a hole in it, because somehow that is what offended you?

 

If your kid was on this platform (which I sincerely hope they aren't), would you be perfectly comfortable with them seeing this? This isn't "Obscene Content" to a "Questionable degree" to you? This isn't sexually suggestive to you? This doesn't cross a line?

 

But a fucking watermelon with a hole in it does?

 

Apparently we've reached a point where a bean-filled fruit requires immediate intervention, while profiles that are one step away from an OnlyFans advertisement get a collective shrug and a quick addition to the friends list so you can revisit them later when your spouse has gone to bed.

 

It's not even just that. Without naming names, there are people on this platform who proudly display themselves smoking meth from a crack pipe, and even that is apparently acceptable.

 

Yet somehow, a watermelon filled with baked beans and a strategically placed hole is where the line gets drawn.

 

I don't know whether to be offended, impressed, or proud that my beanmelon managed to achieve a higher threat level than actual drug use.

So because we're playing a virtual game where we take drugs, that somehow makes it acceptable to promote actual drug use in real life?

 

That's the part I struggle to understand.

 

Maybe there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for where that boundary is drawn. If there is, I'd genuinely love to hear it, because from where I'm standing, the consistency seems a little difficult to follow.

 

Anyways, I know posting on the forums at my age is probably a terrible decision. But I felt compelled to rant about this regardless.

 

Here's hoping I don't get fedded for speaking my mind. If I do, which frankly would not be the first time someone has found themselves in hot water after disagreeing with a staff decision on Torn, then so be it.

 

At the end of the day, I had my laugh, the beanmelon had its moment, and life goes on.

Perchance.

Michelle-420- [732810]

I would pick my battles wisely. A melon with beans and a strategically placed hole in it is wild but interestingly funny. Is it at least pork and beans? Baked beans would be to much. Maybe the hole is to big and sometimes people get jealous. 

 

Anyway, pick your fight accordingly guys.

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

Thems is alot of words I will never read...

 

Learn your audience, we can be nice, rarely given, but at times...

 

Torn will make you or break you...

Apolinus [3017918]

So staff ruled that your username/PFP combo was obscene enough to censor and your move is to….

 

 

Post it in the forums?

 


Also, your faction leader tried to set up an investment scam, claiming endorsement from Pops, and got busted.  That’s why his name is LordBeanMelon; he changed it to hide.

 



EDIT:  These guys do not like it when you call out their lame faction leader:

 

 

Wenno [2757277]

Why does it matter how much skin someone wants to show? Whether they're promoting their onlyfans or not I'm not sure it's a problem? Or smoking meth? Or anything? Stop getting so offended over what someone wants to have as their own profile picture.