Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat deletion

Started by King108 [2798364] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 115 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
King108 [2798364]

Can anyone explain the criteria with which chats get deleted after a long time? I had chat from 3 years ago, but I think I miss some chats. I'm not sure, but there are people I feel like I definitely had a chat with 

Control [3797240]

I believe that by definition chats do not get deleted. However, in between chat 1.0 and what we have now some stuff has glitched or disappeared.

King108 [2798364]

Oh I would've guessed it was on purpose. It's not the first time it's happened, so I thought it was more of a routine thing, where chats just get randomly deleted to save space.

 

It does sound quite stupid now that I say it out loud

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

No it doesn't sound stupid at all!

 

Chat 1.0 used to only go back 20 messages. Chat 3.0 rolled out with full history. My husband even scrolled back to the start of one of our shells' forum chat 👀👀👀👀

 

I just took a screenshot maybe a week ago of a 2 year old chat to send to someone to clear my name to them - at the time I wasn't able to provide that chat since it was chat 1.0.

 

That exact chat history is no longer available today!

Zeeningg [3822585]

yeah i am super bummed about it, i was just talking to a bunch of newer faction mates about the Scrooge "minigame" and myself and a few others went to go look for our chats with him, and they are all wiped! D:

combat log is expired too which is interested i was not aware that is a thing unless they were like 10 yrs old.