With TornCAN fast approaching (and having bought my tickets already), I'm trying to find out what would be fun to bring/do. People have bought posters for people to sign and apparently you can get reimbursed for a torn tattoo (I have 22 tattoos myself). I want to do something special for tornCAN, something that will be iconic. I've gone to concerts before where I have brought bracelets to hand out (after working on them for 8 months lol, I think the last concert I went to, I brought around ~75 bracelets)
(Ignore me doxxing my hand, this is an example of a bracelet I have made)
TornCan is just 10 days away, so there's not much I can necessarily make in bulk. I'm used to making bracelets, so it wouldn't be unfeasible for me to make a bunch for torncon, but that begs the question, what should the bracelets say? I want to make one that says 'Xanax' but that's about as far as my creativity lies (I don't think people would appreciate a bracelet that says 'fedded archives' lmfao) and while I could personalize them for everyone (actually not a bad idea now that I think about it) I'd put too much pressure on myself to pick out colours I know that person would like.
The bracelets are just one idea out of many. However, time is running short, I'm flying to Montreal in less than a week, and I want to make something cool.
Any ideas?
UPDATE
I ended up bringing roughly 50 bracelets to torncan. They were a major hit with everyone, several people wanting more than one to bring home for their kids and family (I made sure that the people bringing them home for their kids got ones that were relatively child friendly and not ones that said "i love ketamine")
I made several custom bracelets for people, with JamilB getting one with his name on it, alongside Penetration and VaguelyCanadian and many more people.
It was very nice meeting everyone in person at torncan, being able to bring stuff like bracelets made it even better because it gave me an excuse to widen my horizons and talk to people I would never have reached out to normally.
If you received a bracelet from me, feel free to share a photo about it here :D I had so much fun making them all
Mentions: JamilB [94287] · Penetration [2340613] · VaguelyCanadian [2678408] · Boston Torncon - Chedburn, bogie, and PrincessJulie Speak Out! · Loki's 2026 Torncon Poster