Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[API] Eliminations Endpoint Closed

Started by BritishBenji [2257611] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 74 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
16
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

BritishBenji [2257611]

I realise it's been less than an hour, however I'm wishing to "set and forget" some tracking.

 

Last year I used the v2 endpoint for Elims, and built my tracker around that. I can switch to v1's competition endpoint, however the schema appears to be slightly different and require some rebuilding

 

Any chance we have a set time `v2/torn/elimination` will become active? 

DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee

It's not closed, but it's added to the root object instead of the competition object, which is not what the spec file says.

Pyrit [2111649]

this breaks autogenerated api clients, which kind of defeats the entire point of using openapi in the first place

splent [2088243] Admin Staff

Hey, 

I'm on vacation until tomorrow, but this will be one of the first things I'll fix tomorrow. 

 

I didn't account that my vacation will overlap with the start of the Elimination and honestly forgot about re-enabling the endpoints before I went on vacation, but everything will be certainly ready before the attacking period starts. 


Thanks for understanding!

splent [2088243] Admin Staff

Hey, 

 

I enabled the elimination endpoints, and updated the Swagger schema. The API playground catalogs were updated as well. 

Some things to note: 

  • v2/torn/elimination - is now enabled + there were smaller schema changes. The 'leaders' array is split into 'captain' object and 'vice_captains' array. These still contain the same information as previously
  • v2/torn/{id}/eliminationteam - returns a different error message now and will automatically start working at the same second the attacking period starts. The Swagger schema has not changed.
  • v1/v2/user/competition - by accident, this year, users team names were leaked before the attacking period started. I've now disabled team names for all future years, but decided to leave this as is since the majority of players have joined already anyway. I also added 'team_id' to the response (I know ideally, 'team' would be an object containing 'id' & 'name' fields, but it is what it is)
  • there's still torn/competition in both API v1 & v2 - you can continue using it as you wish, but the Swagger schema won't be created for it (and it mostly contains the same information as v2/torn/elimination)

 

Sorry about the delay, and happy coding & fighting!!