Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Self-portrait ^w^

Started by Kinuan [3826869] on in Art & Literature.

1 replies · 48 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
12 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Kinuan [3826869]


  I’ve spent a lot of time searching for a clear direction, always wandering through moments without a fixed point in this life. For a long time, that lack of clarity felt like a void I instinctively tried to fill in, fill with ideas, answers, words, and endless tasks, just to feel valued and prove I was moving somewhere.. and that's been veryyyyy tiring to fill in.. trying For a long time, that lack of clarity felt like a void I instinctively tried to pack full.., with ideas, answers, words, and endless tasks.., just to feel valued and prove I was moving somewhere, that quickly became exhausting. 

But then i learn thru some concept in the Tao Te Ching about the value of emptiness: a cup is only useful because it is empty: its openness is what allows it to hold water. I realized that feeling directionless doesn't mean you are broken. Emptiness isn't a loss, it's space. It gives you the capacity to learn, the patience to listen, and the quiet room to absorb the world around you, to have space, space to speak, space to listen and also space so someone can speak his/her own voice.., to have someone to listen and space to grow, sometimes i think ppl dont need answers all we need is to have enough space to be heard.

so I drew my self-portrait without a head because my life often feels aimlessly empty, floating without a thought or clear destination. But over time,  I’ve started to view that emptiness a little differently. Being empty isn't necessarily a loss... it means having space. It means having room to learn, room to listen, and room to simply absorb the world as it moves around you. and also there’s a quiet beauty in existing without needing to justify every step, or overthink where the path leads next. Sometimes, not having a clear reason for everything is enough. You just drift, breathe, and let the moment be what it is. and surrounding yourself some cats.. a lot of catsss (^w^)

ItsJustChill [3412644]

Woah. I can tell you put a lot of thought into this, and I'm genuinely impressed by your technique, which you clearly have talent in. There is nothing more I find inspiring than someone putting their whole emotions into a piece of work. Keep it up!!