Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Grave

Started by MikePence [2029670] on in Graveyard.

26 replies · 217 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

MikePence [2029670]

Got what I wanted, thanks guys!

 

Hi there,

 

I'm looking to pay you for your RR logs to perform statistical analysis.

 

Minimum: 10k games played

Payment: $25m per 10k games played

 

It doesn't matter what stakes you played at, if you were host or joiner, etc.

 

I will download your data through the use of a custom API key that is limited to querying your RR logs. This key can and should be revoked once the download process is complete. I will not be able to access any of your other data.

 

Data Storage Data Sharing Purpose of Use Key Storage & Sharing Key Access Level
Will the data be stored for any purpose? Who can access the data besides the end user? What is the stored data being used for? Will the API key be stored securely and who can access it? What key access level or specific selections are required?
Yes, for statistical analysis Only me Statistical analysis Used once, not stored Custom, RR logs

 

Please message me if interested.

 

Thanks!

MikePence

Shooby [2510470]

I'm actually surprised there's enough people with above 10k games to even pull from. I thought I had played a lot in the past. Granted some people solely exist to play RR, I still wouldn't expect there to be to be that many in the double digits.

Aelin [2556042]

Yea idk how many people he thinks he’s getting this data from, I’ve played a fair bit and I’m only at 8.5k games played. He’d probs be better of personally asking those he guesses have 10k plus

MikePence [2029670]

id expect someone who plays 100k or 1m games all day are much more likely to have many games played? if you're playing for billions, obviously a lot of your time is spent waiting

Shooby [2510470]

I mean bottom of the top 10 games played is 57k. Which those are outliers. I don't think most people have played that much. Especially low stakes, just a waste of time really, though a handful of people choose to do it.

 

All I can say is if I were at the bottom of the top 10, I wouldn't be giving out my API data for 125m, revokable or not lol.

Shooby [2510470]

For sure. I only brought it up because I thought you had some data that I didn't know, like there was an exponential amount of people in double digits since technically " total games played " is a "publicly attainable stat" since there's a hof for it.

CurlyBracket [2766476]

But I get something in return from torn.report - and if they start abusing keys, I won’t be the only victim. 

I trust the bank with my money, but that doesn’t mean I trust everyone with it.

 

(But I can’t deny being a dweeb)

Shooby [2510470]

spiffies dumb ass always thought they had some divine method of gambling by multi shooting until I rinsed them for about 80b+.

 

 Every gambler has some form of superstition, but that's one practice I'll never understand. Buddy was due to win 18b and double shot his first shot and lost on my chamber last I saw him lol. Which was a 29 lose streak iirc. Probably due to multi shot manips they convinced themselves are real.

 

MikePence [2029670]

not trying to convince you to take my 25m since presumably you wouldn't care about 25m anyway, but:

 

the key is limited to RR logs

 

i only need it for however long it takes to go through all of your RR logs once, and then you can revoke the key

 

so there is no vector for abuse

Shooby [2510470]

I get what you're saying but that's a stupid comparison lol.

Banks are federally regulated and prosecutable. A third party dev on a game who's staff can't find their own asshole let alone monitor third party tools effectively isn't the same thing.

CurlyBracket [2766476]

Oh, I know it’s just an RNG and my rituals don’t mean anything.  I just triple shot on small games.  If anything, it just means I hit my med CD quicker and limits my play time…

Fists [2830940]

I mean you could probably just ask for people's api keys that give access to it and people would give it for free

Aelin [2556042]

Yea there are no strategies to guarantee wins, only ones to minimise losses. But sure, if I’m on a 10 loss streak, I MUST be winning the next one 😜