Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Questions on acceptable scripting.

Started by Coshtor [2943104] on in Tools & Userscripts.

2 replies · 37 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
34 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
22 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
Coshtor [2943104]

I am toying with the idea of enhancing the OC 2.0 helper script that highlights missing items in the OC 2.0 system.  My idea is this.  If a item is missing, a clickable link is provided.  Upon clicking that link you are taken to the faction armory page.  It would then find the item needed, and autofill the member's name.  I know that clicking the link on the first page is acceptable because that is a manual action that takes you to the armory page.  Where I have a question, is would it be acceptable to automate the clicking of the loan link?  If this is outside acceptable limits, I can highlight the row, and get the user to click the link, then fill.  Either way, it will NOT confirm the loan by its self, that would still be a user action.

Coshtor [2943104]

No network requests, found that the loan section is already loaded on opening the armory page, so I'm just forcing that visible.  No additional traffic is generated there, or when the name is pasted in.  Everything that generates any traffic is a direct result of a user click.