so in all my time owning companies i never understood/learned how to properly price/sell trains like how do we calculate that?
Pricing trains
Started by CyanideKiss [2754996] on in Company Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 3
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Authority score
- 36 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 31 / 100
- Engagement score
- 55 / 100
Most-liked replies
- DominixCheese [3893089]
· 1 likes ·
Prices are arbitrary and really just based on vibes. Companies with good perks can charge more, or if you are selling 10 or more a day you can charge a premium. Lowest I have seen them go for is 4/500k.
Prices are arbitrary and really just based on vibes. Companies with good perks can charge more, or if you are selling 10 or more a day you can charge a premium. Lowest I have seen them go for is 4/500k.
I think it depends heavily on the company type and star rating. I ran a 6 ⭐️ AN before, and people were willing to pay up to $1m per train because they had really low stats and needed the trains to work toward Principal (or a similar job requirement). The 6 ⭐️ AN also gave 2 E-DVDs, which at the time were worth around $9m/week, so that obviously made the trains more valuable.
I also had an 8 ⭐️ Pub, and I couldn’t get people to pay more than around $350k/train. So in my experience, you can’t really price trains based purely on a general market rate. The company type, star level, perks, and what the buyer needs all make a big difference.