Hi I am a beginner & I got a wheelclamp from Search for Cash. The day zi for it was around 12 million then yesterday it's value dropped to 2 million & now it's value is around $300k will it's price increase in future or is it going to continue it's brutal downward trend?
Wheelclamp question
Started by Kurenaiyuuji [4536360] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Authority score
- 45 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 65 / 100
probably downwards, the price was likely overinflated due to it being a new item but it'll calm down, most items get this huge price spike when they first come out so I'd recommend you sell it before it drops down even more
But the problem is that that item is a tool & tools are important for doing some crimes so I don't want to sell it if in the future it is going to be used for forgery crime or something like that
Yeah it's probably for a new soon to be released crime, you can still sell it now and buy it for a cheaper price later though, just make sure not to get mugged when you sell it. Even if the crime do get released soon, it'll be a while until you can do it without failing too often since you're new and likely have low CE.
Also considering that you found one within your first 3 days in Torn, it isn't a rare item so even if you don't want to buy another one you'd still likely be able to find them again relatively easily.
Will it's price spike again? If the new crime gets released cause I don't want to be in a situation where I sell this product & later it's prices spike & I have to pay million dollars just to buy that same product?
Maybe, even if it does I don't think it'll spike that much though, it's a tool (which usually don't get consumed when used) that's pretty easy to find (even new players like you can find it), so I don't think it'll be worth 300k even with a spike.
This is a special case since it's been released before the crime was released though, so maybe the price'll increase once the crime is released?
Still, the trend for most items when they're first released is that their price is extra high for the first day then starts dropping. And if another spike occurs you can always wait for it to go down, or if it's a permanent thing (which is unlikely) you can also just find it while searching for cash again.
Either way it's your choice what you do with it, just giving suggestions based on past experiences and observations here
Thanks for the info 😌 will it ever reach twh earlier spike? Like around 12 million?
I don't think so. It's pretty easily found from searching the junkyard. There will be too much supply to increase prices significantly. Even if it spikes after release of a new crime it'll quickly go down to a normal stable rate.
It was never really worth 12m to begin with.
People who found it first put it on the item market for silly prices hoping to score big.
This happens everytime a new item is released.
The value (12m) is the average of those silly prices.
It will eventually stabilise as supply increases.
Once the crime is out there will be a sudden increase due to new demand, but it wont be huge.