Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn city will

Started by Bilaal [2572752] on in Suggestions.

5 replies · 24 views · thread synced · 3 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Bilaal [2572752]

Hi,

I would recommend Torn City to add a settings page where you can choose a legacy account to send all your assets to incase I die one day. I worked hard for my assets and I would not like it to go to waste. 

 

Yes, people may lie pretending that they are dead but a solution I can provide is that they may have to provide some sort of ID verification + death certificate?

Elizabeth [2339829]

First, Torn takes deaths very seriously. They are confirmed through obituaries, if I remember correctly.

 

As for a Will in Torn, sure, it'd be an endearing change. I imagine though that the people who really really care about that kind of thing and are worried about their passing enough to have a will of some form already do something to ensure their stuff goes somewhere. I've personally considered putting it in my own will irl (if I'm still playing into older age), my family already knows how important this game is to me so in the event that something happens unexpectedly, they know I'd want my stuff to be given away, and some people have the opportunity to give their stuff away before their passing, like roadhousee did o7.

 

#chedging

AlexeaNikkole [888237]

My husband (nongamer) told me to write a list of who to send stuff to and he would make sure it got done (in our will). I don't know how legal that is torn wise as that would be account sharing... but.. interesting. 

Fists [2830940]

I imagine something easier to implement would be the equivalent of a deadmans switch. Where if you don't log in for X amount of time it just gives your stuff away