It doesn't scroll to the bottom of the chat. while I'm talking it says new message with arrow pointed down... but I gotta scroll to see it. This is a huge pain! if I'm actively talking in a chat it should show me the next message. not be a manual scroll.
Chat doesn't auto scroll
Started by JayBragga [1874267] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 25
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 61 / 100
- Historical score
- 37 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 80 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- CloudJumper [1636201] · 2 likes ·
Passing along to Constantin. Thanks..!! - CloudJumper [1636201] · 1 likes ·
This is what I am seeing: - Qfiffle [2557282] Committee
· 1 likes ·
this is happening to me too, chrome, on linux. It happened with the previous chat too though. It's not new in 3.1. It was actually better than usual at first on 3.1 but today it's been solidly like this.
You can just scroll down to get to the bottom by pressing the button? The chat will not auto-scroll if you have scrolled up and are reading old chat messages?
That message does pop up, but I never scrolled up. I'm actively chatting and needing to scroll to the bottom even though I was already at the bottom prior to seeing the message. Even when pressing that button, it'll still just do it again moment the other person sends another message.
Its like send a message. click the button. send a message have to click the button again. I'm on Chrome and tried with Tampermonkey and Torn tools off.
Can you please provide a screen recording of this?
This is what I am seeing:
I don't have a screen recording program, but I'll try to find one and post when I get back from an appointment.
I don't have a screen recording either, but I can +1 this. It doesn't happen consistently, so it's hard to capture it happening.
But, in both situations, the chat scroll does not appear to work properly.
If I'm already scrolled to the bottom of the chat, somtimes my chat will remain in the fixed position, not auto scrolling to the bottom as people continue to chat.
There are also times when I'm scrolled way up catching up on reading missed chats.. and a new message will come in and pop the chat back down to the bottom.
This happened on the old system and I just noticed it on 3.1 this morning as well, so it doesn't seem new or related to 3.1.
Windows and MacOS both come with a native screen recorder. You will have to just google the how-to for your device. You can upload the recording here and share the generated link.
Yeah this also happens with me on occasion. It'll sometimes just scroll up a little by itself and stop auto scrolling. Used to happen with 3.0 when it was first introduced. From what I've seen it's pretty random, so don't know if getting a screen recording of it is really practical.
currently happening with mine but i am used to it, never thought it was a bug
I also have this happening as well as other members complaining about it. I would sometimes be actively chatting and still have to scroll down to see the responses
I can also confirm this happens for me. The easiest way I've been able to replicate the behavior is one of two ways:
- Open any chat and then shrink it's size down
- Click/tap anywhere inside the message area (my testing just now shows this is inconsistent though)
I experience it pretty often in Trade chat. I'm not doing anything but posting my ads and after some time I have to scroll down after every time I send a message to see if it sent successfully, but it also seems to then treat me scrolling to the bottom as if I scrolled up and holds that position.
This happens to me also.
I am scrolled to the very bottom, as new chats come through, auto scroll is not working, resulting in needing to manually scroll down.
This occurs in Faction Chat (I don't use other chats)
(Sent a screen recording to CloudJumper on discord)
Happening to me too. I have to scroll down any time I type something. It mostly autoscrolls if others type something.
this is happening to me too, chrome, on linux. It happened with the previous chat too though. It's not new in 3.1. It was actually better than usual at first on 3.1 but today it's been solidly like this.
Is this happening specifically with Bubbles or Avatars being On?
I have bubbles off, avatars on. It would happen periodically before 3.1 but seems to be happening way more often now.
I don't use bubbles, avatars on