Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Beep

Started by FrostByte-X [4051211] on in Graveyard.

28 replies · 141 views · thread synced · yesterday · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
29
Discussion span
→
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

FrostByte-X [4051211]

So I recently placed bounties for the services these guys provide and didn't get paid within 24 hours of order submission. 

 

I opened a ticket for the same and CALAMITY_gRACE asked me to provide her with the bot dm (which I did cuz I had submitted my order)

 

I went further to provide more evidence of the bounties placed so they could verify

 

This is when OrangeSoda01 decided to show up and tell me:

 

 

 

[image: i.ibb.co]

 

Ummmmm? I'm providing evidence for you to work?

 

He then goes on to explain of whats written in the small font beneath the order is that payment will be done in 24 hours of order completion. And it DOES NOT mean me submitting my order. It means that when the entire order is completed.

 

That means that if nobody claims bounties after me I just gotta sit here waiting for my money waiting for someone to place more bounties through BHG

 

I thought ok...fair enough. You guys pay on order completion and not my submission. I understand that even though it's absurd. What if someone keeps getting bounty protection?

 

I asked them what if the person keeps getting bounty protection? Orangesoda01 goes on and tells me that I will get paid once the order is completed and if the person keeps renewing his protection they'll cancel the order and after that I'll get paid. 

 

Again. Understandable, though absurd it's your policy. 

 

I asked what's the timeline? When will you cancel the order and here's the reply cuz certainly that must be specified when they would cancel the order and pay the people their money. 

 

And here's the reply:

 

 

[image: i.ibb.co]

 

"As long as it takes us"

 

For a service which only gives us 30 mins to place bounties. As long as it takes us is absurd in my opinion

 

 

Edit :-

 

I'm not saying people shouldn't have policies. And I admit I missed it in the instructions message on the bounties page as pointed out by someone in the comment. 

 

However I do believe that there must be a reasonable timeline. If you have a policy and I do the service it means I automatically accept it. 

 

But "as long as it takes us" is not a policy.

ISHAAN [2112856]

Bounty protection? So you can't place bounties? How is that order submitted even?

 

Order completion means bounties claimed? What a load of bullshit.

Landgull [3703758]

What could you possibly be reserving two posts for?

Anyway, this seems like a pretty standard practice for any of the service providers. Trying to pay out peacemeal mid contract would be an accounting nightmare.

FrostByte-X [4051211]

Hi, so basically he didn't have bounty protection initially. He only got that after after a few bounties were placed. Including mine

fsh [2565962]

It's not a thing I do personally but I'm in the BHG server, and I would like to mention that the "24 hours after completion" thing isn't just "in small font underneath the order".

 

There's a guide in the channel and it's literally the first thing under a heading labeled "important"

Weav3r [1853324] Helper

I do think it'd be a good standard for them to establish some sort of timeline, but then again I'm not familiar with the service or how they operate.

 

If I were running something similar I'd put something up along the lines of auto-cancelling a contract after N days of no new bounties being placed. But that is just my opinion as a third party looking in. 

 

The attitude you gave them and the apparent constant pinging probably didn't help either.

Lazon [3116319]

It has nothing to do with bounties being claimed, it has everything to do with the order being completed. This is standard operating procedure. If you don't like it don't use them, there's other services altho as I said that's standard operating procedure and you'll find similar things in other services. I'm staff in gorilla mercs and we do bounties, it's the same thing with us. If it's an unusually large order, however, we will do a partial payout in the middle. Idk about bounties but I know bhg will do a partial payout for merc orders as well.

Kalends [2032147]

I've run a service before, and if someone got bounty protection mid order we'd cancel and refund the remaining bounties, and pay people out for the ones they did, instead of waiting potentially months for them to stop being bounty protected

Wenno [2757277]

It's probably completely normal for payouts to be done after the order is completed. With merc contracts, payouts happen after the whole contract is done. I don't get this. They've been doing it a while and them making it so payouts can only happen after the order is completed means there's less manual work involved. I don't really see the issue, they're not exactly scamming. I don't understand the purpose of the post, or why you've reserved 2 posts. 

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

OP meant bounty Claims from the Order, not hospitalizations of the target. 

 

If bounty protection is in force, bounties cannot be Claimed from the Order. 

 

Good way to piss off bounty slot sellers. Who uhh sell bounty slots. 

 

Pissing off mercs is even more fun. Highly recommend. 

Chris5295 [974757]

The order was never completed because mid-order the guy enabled bounty protection.

 

So the person who placed the order needs to cancel it, or you need to wait until the order is fully completed before they pay them out.

 

The timeline is 24 hours AFTER THE ORDER IS COMPLETED. If they paid for 100 bounties, and only 30 got placed before the target used bounty protection, then the order is still active and waiting to be completed or cancelled. The timeline has not been completed, therefore no payment will be issued, yet.

 

That's the risk you take when joining larger contracts. Same with merc orders. You get paid when the contract is finished, not midway through.

So if a merc order is active, then the target starts a war or joins a territory war wall, you're fucked until the contract is cancelled or finally completes after their war is over.

 

This is how its always been. I assume you got the rude reply because you just won't stop spamming them with pings and asking the same question over and over.