Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Thoughts?

Started by 1839251 [1839251] on in General Discussion.

141 replies · 1.35k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 142 / 142 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Dr_Who [206761]

I don't see why they had to crush everything into the middle of the screen. It like watching SD on a widescreen tv.

Beerstein [1322136]

I liked the separate thread for negative thoughts so we could pinpoint things that could use improvement but as it was GY'd I'll put my negative thoughts so far in this post.

The stocks system is definitely a downgrade, due to the nature of stocks and the stock market simple and easy to read is 100% king. That said due to the size of this update I hope that sees more polishing later.

Also don't like the skinny profile pages.

The whole layout of torn in general is just skinny like it's designed for phones, there needs to be a desktop layout IMO or room for us to customize it.

McDallas [14757]

i'm definitely enjoying it although its taking some getting used to.

the chat covering my page is bugging me for sure, and a couple of things require more clicks than before. but heck. i'm sure there will be further changes/tweaks in the coming weeks.

there are some little buggy bits too, but i don't think the bugs forum is open yet?

good job for sure!

MadHatter [486416]

For all the fuss people were making, I feel like this turned out well. For the most part, it's a very sleek and pretty interface. I really like it, but it does seem too "flashy" in some parts and it feels really really cramped.

But I'm not going to have much problem getting used to this. It has roughly the same feel, just more refined.

IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer
De_Unruly_Boss [260046]

Good way of getting rid of the older players ched cuzoat gonna be quitting after this stupid upgrade

Why, exactly? I'm still here?

Mentions: Alkaline [260046]

SmokingAces [1510831]
IceBlueFire [776]
SmokingAces [1510831]
IceBlueFire [776]

SmokingAces [1510831]IceBlueFire [776]SmokingAces [1510831]IceBlueFire [776]SmokingAces [1510831]"The only thing that stays the same is everything changes."

Veterans alike will adjust in time. Not everyone will like it, that's a given.

so out with the old guy's and in with the new and all there new $$$ i see... nice to feel appreciated.


adios amigos
Nah, not at all. It's a simple layout change, nothing to get huffy over. You can't expect a design 9 years old to last forever, can you?

I expect an option atleast,... like before they changed from original torn to the more modern move we still had the option to go back if we choose, which i didn't as i liked it... but for me this is awesome just one eye strain after another

Mentions: IceBlueFire [776] · SmokingAces [1510831]

McDallas [14757]

Oh sweet, just discovered you can thumbs up or down individual posts! Awesome. :)

and my first R+ goes to iceblue cause i'm still here too ;) :)

Alkaline [260046]

Why do i have to click on the the district location before I see the places in there like red like district I have to click on it the go to where I wanna go??

IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer
SmokingAces [1510831]
IceBlueFire [776]
SmokingAces [1510831]

IceBlueFire [776]SmokingAces [1510831]IceBlueFire [776]SmokingAces [1510831]IceBlueFire [776]SmokingAces [1510831]so out with the old guy's and in with the new and all there new $$$ i see... nice to feel appreciated.


adios amigos

Nah, not at all. It's a simple layout change, nothing to get huffy over. You can't expect a design 9 years old to last forever, can you?
I expect an option atleast,... like before they changed from original torn to the more modern move we still had the option to go back if we choose, which i didn't as i liked it... but for me this is awesome just one eye strain after another

The amount of work it'd require to maintain 2 layouts isn't worth it. Plus, give me a site with any reasonable following that allows you to change back to old formats?

Mentions: IceBlueFire [776] · SmokingAces [1510831]

MadHatter [486416]
De_Unruly_Boss [260046]

Good way of getting rid of the older players ched cuz they gonna be quitting after this stupid upgrade

I'm still here. And I don't hate it.

Mentions: Alkaline [260046]

IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer
De_Unruly_Boss [260046]

Why do i have to click on the the district location before I see the places in there like red like district I have to click on it the go to where I wanna go??

I don't have to? They're all listed next to the district for me.
[image: i.imgur.com]

Mentions: Alkaline [260046]

SmokingAces [1510831]
IceBlueFire [776]
SmokingAces [1510831]
IceBlueFire [776]

SmokingAces [1510831]IceBlueFire [776]SmokingAces [1510831]IceBlueFire [776]SmokingAces [1510831]IceBlueFire [776]SmokingAces [1510831]Nah, not at all. It's a simple layout change, nothing to get huffy over. You can't expect a design 9 years old to last forever, can you?

I expect an option atleast,... like before they changed from original torn to the more modern move we still had the option to go back if we choose, which i didn't as i liked it... but for me this is awesome just one eye strain after another
The amount of work it'd require to maintain 2 layouts isn't worth it. Plus, give me a site with any reasonable following that allows you to change back to old formats?

I shouldn't need to give you a site... I'm not on another site... I'm on this site and i expect after years of dedication a little bit of understanding..

Mentions: IceBlueFire [776] · SmokingAces [1510831]

Marauder [436873]

Mobile version is extremely confusing, hope full version is easier on the eye.

Not a fan so far but I will keep an open mind for a time and see how it pans out.

IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer
SmokingAces [1510831]
IceBlueFire [776]
SmokingAces [1510831]

IceBlueFire [776]SmokingAces [1510831]IceBlueFire [776]SmokingAces [1510831]IceBlueFire [776]SmokingAces [1510831]IceBlueFire [776]SmokingAces [1510831]I expect an option atleast,... like before they changed from original torn to the more modern move we still had the option to go back if we choose, which i didn't as i liked it... but for me this is awesome just one eye strain after another

The amount of work it'd require to maintain 2 layouts isn't worth it. Plus, give me a site with any reasonable following that allows you to change back to old formats?
I shouldn't need to give you a site... I'm not on another site... I'm on this site and i expect after years of dedication a little bit of understanding..

I completely understand. People have been using the old layout for 9 years, and now it's all changed. It's not going to be easy to make that change after...9 years. But the thing is, this layout offers so much more. Sure, it's going to take some getting used to. I've been using this layout for 2 months and still haven't gotten the hang of it fully.

It was time for an update, and all they ask is that you give it a chance before you cross it off.

Mentions: IceBlueFire [776] · SmokingAces [1510831]

PsychoKitty [1015147]

Flying gives cute animation. Looking at the forums while flying is messed up, there's an unnecessary picture on the left and the right part of the forum is cut off.

EDIT: Edited to add that the forums are messed up if accessed through the icon on the laptop; clicking on the Forums link at the top left solves the problem.