TEMPORARY BLOCK
This error has been generated because you have made over 60 requests to the server in the last minute.
You will be able to access Torn again in 78 seconds.
Possible end to scripts?
Started by Mattyb [207347] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 32
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 38 / 100
- Story score
- 67 / 100
- Engagement score
- 70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- IceBlueFire [776] Officer
· 3 likes ·
I don't think this is the time for this argument ;) If it makes you feel any better, this update broke just about all the scripts out there. - IceBlueFire [776] Officer
· 2 likes ·
Only the mass use scripts ;) - IceBlueFire [776] Officer
· 2 likes ·
I'm sure it's simple to change if (not saying there isn't) there is a legitimate reason to increase the amount.
Mentioned in this thread
IceBlueFire [776] ×5 JimmyJames [581165] ×4 RX8 [1798198] ×4 boo [1544641] ×3 PatBenatar [420347] ×2 Beerstein [1322136] ×2 Wulfric [1767972] ×2 Confusion [658870] ×1 Skeleton [1842726] ×1
Only the mass use scripts ;)
It's kind of a hard cap for doing too much of anything in a minute isn't it? I feel like 1 request per second is actually fairly low, this could get annoying when doing some mass activity.
Well this came during a jail refresh waiting for a bust. I can foresee many other situations where this block would also occur.
I'm sure it's simple to change if (not saying there isn't) there is a legitimate reason to increase the amount.
You have to buy lotto tickets one at a time now, and that temp blocked me after 60. The blocks might be a security feature to prevent automated probes from running during the early stages of RESPO.
You can easily get the same message by training a full energy bar, refill and xanax... Ched said in the beta-test that this would be looked at.
ThreeDog [1842726]You have to buy lotto tickets one at a time now, and that temp blocked me after 60. The blocks might be a security feature to prevent automated probes from running during the early stages of RESPO.
I hope it's temporary, right now there's too many legit reasons to mass refresh a page.
Mentions: Skeleton [1842726]
Wulfric [1767972]You can easily get the same message by training a full energy bar, refill and xanax... Ched said in the beta-test that this would be looked at.
^ this. Just one of those little quirks with the new launch.
Mentions: Wulfric [1767972]
All scripts should be banned. Of course that is my opinion. Too much of a gray area what is legal and what is not.
2 minute ban for buying lottery tickets.
Thank you ched for not implementing buying multiple tickets at once
Styx [420347]All scripts should be banned. Of course that is my opinion. Too much of a gray area what is legal and what is not.
I don't think this is the time for this argument ;) If it makes you feel any better, this update broke just about all the scripts out there.
Mentions: PatBenatar [420347]
IceBlueFire [776]Styx [420347]I don't think this is the time for this argument ;) If it makes you feel any better, this update broke just about all the scripts out there.All scripts should be banned. Of course that is my opinion. Too much of a gray area what is legal and what is not.
I feel bad for all the time and energy people have used making them but there is just too many people who abuse them to keep them legal.
Mentions: IceBlueFire [776] · PatBenatar [420347]
IceBlueFire [776]I'm sure it's simple to change if (not saying there isn't) there is a legitimate reason to increase the amount.
This will affect your userscript for tornstats collecting attack logs.
Mentions: IceBlueFire [776]
Aurum [1544641]IceBlueFire [776]This will affect your userscript for tornstats collecting attack logs.I'm sure it's simple to change if (not saying there isn't) there is a legitimate reason to increase the amount.
It will indeed.
Mentions: boo [1544641] · IceBlueFire [776]
I bet a lot of traders will quit trading as well, it's simply to much work without a script. It was already a lot of work with the script.
RX8 [1798198]I bet a lot of traders will quit trading as well, it's simply to much work without a script. It was already a lot of work with the script.
What script is needed for trading? O.o
Mentions: RX8 [1798198]
JimmyJames [581165]RX8 [1798198]I bet a lot of traders will quit trading as well, it's simply to much work without a script. It was already a lot of work with the script.
What script is needed for trading? O.o
Preferably the one someone will make for me to send all my worthless weapons to some poor fool. Honestly the sad part is I'll never have the patience to deal with all these weapons, so a long load time is in my future every time I click my items page.
Mentions: JimmyJames [581165] · RX8 [1798198]
Beerstein [1322136]
Preferably the one someone will make for me to send all my worthless weapons to some poor fool. Honestly the sad part is I'll never have the patience to deal with all these weapons, so a long load time is in my future every time I click my items page.
Just sell a few every now and then, or trade them or something. It took me two years to finally get rid of all my trailers slowly dwindling it down like that.
Mentions: Beerstein [1322136]
IceBlueFire [776]Aurum [1544641]It will indeed.IceBlueFire [776]This will affect your userscript for tornstats collecting attack logs.I'm sure it's simple to change if (not saying there isn't) there is a legitimate reason to increase the amount.
Honestly I am a fan of your scripts as well as cyberdudes.Hope you work on something soon, as far as i know your scripts and cyberdudes are legal, why people be hating lol..
Mentions: boo [1544641] · IceBlueFire [776]