Who has been watching the world cup? Is anyones team not going to make it to the round of 16? What was the best upset or comeback so far? Who agrees that USA is going to win it all? I wanna know yall's thought about the world cup.
About this thread
Posts archived: 67 / 67 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 67
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 11 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 42 / 100
- Engagement score
- 71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- 1565665 [1565665]
· 4 likes ·
Brazil hopefully will win, or holland. But Germany great side but surely not ENOUGH class to go all the way. Shocked by Spain's and englands early exists! Double pain for Europe haha! Fun World Cup so far and can't wait … - Chibi_Trunks [423588]
· 3 likes ·
Well done USA as a long time supporter I'm so proud, played with real heart and passion right to the last second. Best World Cup performance since 2002!!!! My native England should take note of how the USA play and … - Beerstein [1322136]
· 3 likes ·
[image: i.minus.com] [image: i.imgur.com] [image: images.tsn.ca] Meanwhile in Germany... [image: i.giflike.com] [image: i.imgur.com]
Mentioned in this thread
MachineGunSteve [184119] ×7 FerrisBueller [1752317] ×4 Chaos_Greg [46203] ×3 AwakeNoWokeFail [79965] ×2 dunmugmeh [538353] ×2 Doc-Holliday [1015507] ×2 Arutha [420602] ×1 Stuie123 [867397] ×1 Beerstein [1322136] ×1 Nominee23 [1445026] ×1 pual111 [1851579] ×1
In my opinion it has been an amazing world cup so far. No one could have predicted what has happen like Spain not getting out of the group, Costa Rica beating Italy and Uruguay. Some great players have flopped and some mediocre have played brilliant. I cannot wait for the rest of the tournament.
I have had fun watching it thus far. Hoping Italy and USA make thru the group stage. Fingers crossed.
Germany to win world cup
Brazil hopefully will win, or holland. But Germany great side but surely not ENOUGH class to go all the way. Shocked by Spain's and englands early exists! Double pain for Europe haha! Fun World Cup so far and can't wait for the final!
I would bet on Holland.. they just seem to be really good this time, and don't forget they lost at 2010 to spain at the final, and now they biten spain to dust... I would have loved to see spain on the finals, but that's not gonna happen this time hehe..
This is the best world cup in many many years i can remember back to mexico 86. This world cup is better than all the ones i have seen. Also england are now the weakest i have ever seen them.
I have to agree. I have been shocked by whats been going on so far. I almost died last night though watching the USA game. I thought we had it in the bag. But I think what is shocking me the most are all the comeback wins, and I am pretty sure this is the most amount of goals seen in the world cup in decades. I use to think soccer was a bunch of 0-0 games, but I love all the scoring that has been going on.
Quality balls compared to last time and there's no constant f**king annoying humming sound of a swarm of bees (vuvuzela) ruining it. Been really enjoyable to watch, any one of a number of teams could win, it's just so close and the good teams have all had bad days. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Columbia or Mexico won it :o (but I hope Uruguay do so my $33m becomes about $1b :D )
Been brilliant, The big shock was Spain getting knocked out. Personally the biggest upset for me was England flopping and getting knocked out.. Anyway it's been a brilliant watch and i'm rooting Germany or Holland to win it xD
Quite honestly, this entire World Cup has been one of shock after shock after shock. Many people made statements of the results looking simply at the paper stats but Holland (Hup Holland Hup!) annihilated Spain when everyone said that they should lose. I am very pleased as my team is through (yay Holland!) I obviously hope that Holland win and laughed for hours at the Spanish side as it was sweet revenge.
I haven't been watching the other pools other than B so far but I'm convinced that Holland stand a good chance if we can keep van Persie from further injury or well another yellow card :)
Oh and the best upset/comeback was by far Netherlands vs Spain, we owned the previous World Cup champs even against all doubt from well like everyone xD No one was expecting such a massive point difference :)
USA through to the knockout round. Could have had a tie vs Germany, or it could have been far worse... at any rate they are through, and though I give them little hope vs Belgium, I am very pleased with the direction the team are moving in. Klinsmann has done a fine job in my opinion.
BELGIUM!!!!!
Onto the next set of games :D
Stupid red card for our player though... but hey it was his error, so yap his loss.
Hope we get to see another few extra exiting games in the near future!
oh and Capello took 11m$ this year for that wonderful Russian squad
lol Russia
USA will probably never win lol
FerrisBueller [1752317]USA will probably never win lol
Seeing as how soccer is maybe the fifth or sixth most popular sport in the USA, I think we did pretty well, and I don't see Belgium having an easy day of it...
I guess that is why the games are played.
Mentions: FerrisBueller [1752317]
Costa Rica´s adventure will probably end in the last 16. But still, that they made it out of that group is already an achievement in itself.
US can do quite well against Belgium, they (BEL) have not been playing anything special so far in a group that wasn´t that hard.
I'm thinking Brazil will crash out horribly against Chile, from their first two games I seen they are horribly defensively and have terrible movement, with the Chileans constantly pressing them I'm sticking on Chile -1
I think France aren't considered enough, Benzema is on form and they have a solid group of players, I'd put a small bet on them winning, Dutch are too weak defensively and Germany aren't quite killing teams as they should
Dutchman here. No prizes for guessing which country I'm rooting for.