love the new look so far so good.
Thoughts?
Started by 1839251 [1839251] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 142 / 142 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
So far i think it sucks real bad and I hate it.. It wasn't broke before, why they felt the need to fix it is beyond me..
It might grow on me who knows, and I won't stop playing because of the changes but like it nope, not 1 bit lol
Ok, initially I said it looked like it was the old version of Torn just dressed up. On mobile, it seems a little easier to navigate but not enough to win me over just yet...
On the computer, I think it's closer to being garbage than anything. I believe someone said earlier that they're clicking more to do the same thing and I'm going to agree. Also, these little arrows as drop down boxes and little cutesy symbols are more on the annoying side. Give me a label, not a picture.
For those of you who may say I'm anti-progress, I'd say blow it out your ass. You can't tell me that my opinion is wrong. This is my opinion.
Im a bit disappointed.
I expected more from torn's biggest ever update.
But them I still search Torn City.. so maybe im just not good with updates.
Harsh [443611]Im a bit disappointed.
I expected more from torn's biggest ever update.
But them I still search Torn City.. so maybe im just not good with updates.
This is mostly just the foundation :o Still more updates to come once this is stable! I'm looking forward to the attacking stuff!
Mentions: Harsh [443611]
Harsh [443611]Im a bit disappointed.
I expected more from torn's biggest ever update.
But them I still search Torn City.. so maybe im just not good with updates.
You could have read announcements as they spelt it out quite openly what would or wouldn't be here straight away, but reading is for losers, right?[:sick:]
Mentions: Harsh [443611]
I dont like the fact i cant seem to turn off forum sigs, or stop seeing honor bars in my employee section. I dont want to see any of that while being on here, yet it seems i'm being forced too.
Also, i use my browser zoomed in, but the new layout doesnt like that and the text goes stupid on some pages. I thought this layout was so it suited everything.... what were the people doing during the testing phase? cause all i seem to find are little faults so far. stuff that should have been picked up on the first day of testing.
Thor [1839251]What are all your thoughts on respo thus far? I think it looks quite nice and unique like no other game. Enjoy :)
Mentions: 1839251 [1839251]
It would be nice to see our actual game history however besides that so far so good.
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
You could have read announcements as they spelt it out quite openly what would or wouldn't be here straight away, but reading is for losers, right?[:sick:]
I read the announcements and Im thoroughly aware that its a revamp of the foundations of torn more than an update.
Disappointment is still the same nevertheless. I was excited for the update, and kudos as to how smooth its been, but I cant see the finished product yet. There was alot of hype about today, but not alot of changes (minus the church & missions page, but I havent been excited by either)
Mentions: Sweeney_Todd [27468]
Well one awesome thing about RESPO is that after over 3 years my forum ban has finally been lifted, it seems to havebeen lifted automatically when the forums changed for strangesome reason but I filed a player report about it and some nice staff member decided to leave it as it is as long as I promise to behave lol
As for the rest of RESPO I like it so far, there are a few small annoyances that need to be fixed and it'll take a while to get use to the new forum layout and don't ask me what that church is all about but the site badly needed an update so I'm willing to keep an open mind for the next few weeks while they iron out the bugs
MadameButterfly [1035358]Well one awesome thing about RESPO is that after over 3 years my forum ban has finally been lifted, it seems to havebeen lifted automatically when the forums changed for strangesome reason but I filed a player report about it and some nice staff member decided to leave it as it is as long as I promise to behave lol
As for the rest of RESPO I like it so far, there are a few small annoyances that need to be fixed and it'll take a while to get use to the new forum layout and don't ask me what that church is all about but the site badly needed an update so I'm willing to keep an open mind for the next few weeks while they iron out the bugs
Relatively speaking, love the sig!
Mentions: 1035358 [1035358]
to be honest it's been so long now that I forget what my old sig was lol
Stocks list is too long
Whiplash [1288704]So far i think it sucks real bad and I hate it.. It wasn't broke before, why they felt the need to fix it is beyond me..
It might grow on me who knows, and I won't stop playing because of the changes but like it nope, not 1 bit lol
Explain to me what's wrong? Granted it'll take some getting used to but i've been playing it for a few months and I find it much easier than the old system. Just because it wasn't broke doesn't mean it wasn't due an update, I believe ched said that this hadn't been updated since the game was initially released... Long over due in my opinion.
Mentions: Whiplash [1288704]
[image: i.imgur.com]
Sweeney already claimed his own forum section, laying down the law.
Wait until the new toy factor wears off and then see if you all really enjoy it. Until then, you might not understand what some of us are talking about. Sleek and pretty doesn't make it better.
In the meantime, I'll be in the church praying they fix the stuff I don't like.
was the old torn broke?
Hate it on my mobile
On the pc its fine
Cartman [1621675]Whiplash [1288704]Explain to me what's wrong? Granted it'll take some getting used to but i've been playing it for a few months and I find it much easier than the old system. Just because it wasn't broke doesn't mean it wasn't due an update, I believe ched said that this hadn't been updated since the game was initially released... Long over due in my opinion.So far i think it sucks real bad and I hate it.. It wasn't broke before, why they felt the need to fix it is beyond me..
It might grow on me who knows, and I won't stop playing because of the changes but like it nope, not 1 bit lol
I don't care for how it looks, it looked better before. The side bar is more of a middle bar.. The pages only take up half of the screen.. it's like watching a old t.v. show on a wide screen t.v... Can't see the whole war base at once, can only see one faction at a time. They took away the list that shows how much money faction members had in the faction.. I don't like the way they animated the city.. I could go on and on but I won't..
I do like some changes for instance the hall of fame is pretty nice, but as a whole I don't care for the changes and never saw anything wrong with the look of the game before the changes. The changes needed weren't visual they were content related.
So basically we waited a year or two for a new coat of paint, that wasn't needed, what we needed was more things to do..
Yes I realize this is just the start, and content will be added but why change the look of something that didn't need fixing? Why not just add content, or give me a "old school" button so I can enjoy the way the game was.. It will probably grow on me who knows and who cares but again why spend years changing a look when nothing was wrong to begin with? It went from a semi adult looking sight to something a teenager would enjoy over night..