Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Church

Started by boo [1544641] on in General Discussion.

86 replies · 2.58k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 87 / 87 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Slyvern [1470552]

I played around with donating different amounts, and the message changes depending on how much you give. The messages for giving $1 or $100 were different than the messages for giving $10000. The funniest one I got was a $1000 donation where the priest complained it would barely cover his chiro appointment.

DonTray [1738213]
Slyvern [1470552]

I played around with donating different amounts, and the message changes depending on how much you give. The messages for giving $1 or $100 were different than the messages for giving $10000. The funniest one I got was a $1000 donation where the priest complained it would barely cover his chiro appointment.


Was paying to read some random crap really worth it?

If so, please send all donations my way and I'll send words of wisdom yours!

Mentions: Slyvern [1470552]

Guwop1017 [1772575]

I donated 1k and prayed twice. Went to the casino and bet 10k bets on the slot machine and ended with a streak of 250k from an earlier streak already of -139k.

KenCioe123 [1841813]
Aurum [1544641]

Anyone found a use for it yet except for wasting your energy praying for a few words to appear and giving your money away for no good reason? [:sick:]

I feel it's pretty much like RL, which makes the Torn church far more realistic.

Mentions: boo [1544641]

bcfcespley [181564]

It was so random, anything below 125,000 is kinda negative even above you sometimes still get the same responses.

“ Care to give a little more? I work very hard you know… â€
“ Hmm, well okay then, thanks I guess. â€
“ How many sins have you committed again? â€
“ Is that all you can spare? That’s barely going to cover my chiropodist appointment. â€
“ Thanks I suppose… â€
“ That’s kind of insulting you know... Do you know how much this building costs to maintain? â€
“ Have mercy… â€
“ A drop in the ocean… â€
“ You may aswell not have come… â€
“ The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. â€
“ I pray for you… â€
“ Did you at least bring me some wine too? â€
“ You may or may not still be going to hell. â€
“ Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. â€
“ Lamborghini, here I come! Thank you my child. â€
“ I’m blown away by your generosity, thank Lord I don’t have to pay income tax! â€

R4ND0M [42304]
bcfcespley [181564]

It was so random, anything below 125,000 is kinda negative even above you sometimes still get the same responses.

“ Care to give a little more? I work very hard you know… â€
“ Hmm, well okay then, thanks I guess. â€
“ How many sins have you committed again? â€
“ Is that all you can spare? That’s barely going to cover my chiropodist appointment. â€
“ Thanks I suppose… â€
“ That’s kind of insulting you know... Do you know how much this building costs to maintain? â€
“ Have mercy… â€
“ A drop in the ocean… â€
“ You may aswell not have come… â€
“ The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. â€
“ I pray for you… â€
“ Did you at least bring me some wine too? â€
“ You may or may not still be going to hell. â€
“ Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. â€
“ Lamborghini, here I come! Thank you my child. â€
“ I’m blown away by your generosity, thank Lord I don’t have to pay income tax! â€

---

This was my list,


Anything worth doing is worth overdoing“You may or may not still be going to hell.â€
Care to give a little more? I work very hard you know…
Thanks I suppose…
Is that all you can spare? That’s barely going to cover my chiropodist appointment
Hmm, well okay then, thanks I guess.
You may aswell not have come…
You may or may not still be going to hell
I pray for you…
Did you at least bring me some wine too?
Have mercy…
That’s kind of insulting you know... Do you know how much this building costs to maintain?
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
How many sins have you committed again?
A drop in the ocean…

18350 is a threshold (18349 got me all the answers above)


A most charitable donation, thank you child.
I forgive you for your sins.
A most gracious donation, I admire your philanthropy.
May the Lord be with you
Let your faith guide you

Mentions: bcfcespley [181564]

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

So it says praying forgives you of your sins? I wonder if that has any negative affect on crime experience...

Police2 [1689709]

Pretty sure it has something to do with crimes, I'm just doing search for cash - I donated 10k and all he said in quotes up top was "bless you my child"