Looking at the city stats, particularly at user activity, it is evident there is a falling rate of use from 2008. Do you think we a re seeing the death throws of a dying city or a mere thinning of the heard (attrition of idiots)?
aging population
Started by Tookie [345885] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 16
- Likes on archived posts
- 24
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 52 / 100
- Story score
- 65 / 100
- Engagement score
- 65 / 100
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 3 likes ·
Ched has mentioned that they intended on increasing advertisement for Torn once all these updates were finally in a stable state, makes no sense to do such things before hand as they'll just be joining in a potentially buggy time, …
Mentioned in this thread
Tarelli [1060371] ×1
It's too soon to speculate on this in the slightest as this new framework is designed to allow for easier and more improved updates to the game itself, we could very well be headed for an upswing in players as the following patches come. At the same time old players don't react well to extreme changes (that considered I think feedback so far has been insanely positive). So it could go either way, again I wouldn't speculate one way or the other though I'd prefer to be positive if anything.
There's been a failing rate, but today specifically there have been between 300 - 500 users online in the "last minute" reading, which is higher than the usual 200. This can, however, be due to the fact that people are just re-logging in to checkout the new layout.
Having said this, I definitely agree with Beerstein in that it's way to early to tell if Respo is actually going to be a success and achieve its main goal - to attract new players.
Ched has mentioned that they intended on increasing advertisement for Torn once all these updates were finally in a stable state, makes no sense to do such things before hand as they'll just be joining in a potentially buggy time, be put off and leave (Waste of advertisement then...). I expect we'll see a lot more new players in the near future!
I think that the game has done pretty well considering how long it has been since there last was any major changes/updates and the advertising that they ran on other sites. Will the numbers pick back up? I can't see it happening any time soon.
I can see a quite a few returning after today, but even if they don't stay around as Bogie said Ched has already stated they were going to be running advertisement campaigns, I think that's what I'm most excited about next. Trading has been running slow lately, perhaps with an in influx of new members the market will start booming again.
Im with and against you tbh and i cant believe there are more than 50 people with accounts older than mine that still play.
Tbh I think the RESPO is massively over hyped and because of that I think it will disappoint a lot of players.
On the other hand the updated that will follow the RESPO such as factions, attacking, crimes, missions, companies, etc are exactly whats needed.
So yeah, I think the focus was put on the wrong thing but yeah I like most of the changes - though im sure im not the only one today whose been temporarily pissed off by one bug or another? xD
I think it was more the potential for growth that respo offers that got the developers excited, think of it as a next gen consol the game designers are happy because its easier to develope better games.
This update will ensure there is future growth availiable for torn
Tarelli [1060371]I think it was more the potential for growth that respo offers that got the developers excited, think of it as a next gen consol the game designers are happy because its easier to develope better games.
This update will ensure there is future growth availiable for torn
This. Although RESPO as a foundation has been really quite impressive, more than I expected which adds to the hype for what comes next.
Mentions: Tarelli [1060371]
I am expecting an increase in developing nations to start increasing their role within Torn as the burgeoning lower and middle classes begin to increase their standard of living with all the increased chances for entertainment that come. Certaainly an exciting time to see where Torn goes.
I'm not holding my breath, mainly because i like the air that I have been breathing so far.
Being one of the old farts (though not as old as you), I do find the changes appealing. Torn has always been a hobby for me. I enjoy it and intend on sticking around.
Hi lol
Advertising is and has been on the back burner for some time, HOWEVER what is the point if people continue to abuse new players? I have never understood why players are allowed to abuse potential paying customers by the same jerks time and time again. Ched needs to wake up and see what is killing this game. It is not lack of new content.
New players vs multi players is another reason why it is losing new players as well. Restarts should have a longer cool down period.
If someone is caught cheating (multi) they should have the "MAIN" account deleted and the small or poorer account by default the main account, that way it would discourage cheats in the future.
There is so many things could be done to encourage new players not run them off.
You didn't spot the necro bump then... [:sick:]
why do you care?
its not like you are here on a regular basis
In before 11th year
That's a 10 year old comment, Mr Necromancer
10 years ago there were no dick pics being circulated across Torn.....