Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Drugs Guide

Started by bogie [148747] Admin on in Graveyard.

147 replies · 23.6k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 148 / 148 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
148
Discussion span
→
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
76 / 100
Story score
84 / 100
Engagement score
90 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

bogie [148747] ×4 Majsan [843586] ×1 takis14 [1083153] ×1 MaxHeadRoom [1429645] ×1 Spiritual [1471808] ×1 Penicillin [1517799] ×1 QuiteMad [1748786] ×1 oraN [1778676] ×1 -RKO- [1834174] ×1

bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Hello. This guide is still referenced in places. Please note it is largely obsolete.
If you want to avoid being kicked from education - rehab before the brain icon hits 7%.



Please note - Drugs have recently been tweaked a bit. Most figures should still be safe, but ecstasy has definitely been increased in addiction. Please heed this forewarning. I will not be doing any kinds of re-testing until the Drugs 2.0 update. If you want newer information then it will be up to you to find out in the meantime.

If you enjoy using my guide please make a comment saying so! Your feedback is what helps inspire me to keep this thing going!


Slightly different format to what it was before as some parts are no longer relevant. Happy to take on board suggestions and such, it's been hinted that drugs may change in the future though so if that does happen then I will be re-writing and re-researching this entire guide from scratch :)

Drugs guide


by bogie

Current Information Includes
- Addiction percentage amount for every drug
- Amount of drugs necessary to kick from education
- Amount of drugs necessary to 'glass door' at the gym (See below for definition if required)
- Amount of addiction removed from company special 'Herbal cleansing' (5 star florist special - "Remove addiction for job points")
- Amount of addiction removed from company special 'R&R' (5 cruise liner agency special - "Remove addiction for job points")
- Overdose addiction for drugs (Currently: Xanax)

Important notes & disclaimers:

Unlike previous guides I have included EVERY drug and given a relatively accurate figure of how many it takes to take you to three star in your company, and then how many it takes to kick you from education, all information given doesn't account for overdoses, the number is for a normal/successful drug take, remember that an overdose will count for 2-5 times normal addiction, if you wish to work out your addiction then factor these in when tracking your drug intake (Disclaimer: Remember, this is just a guide, I have tried to make it as accurate as possible, but there will always be various degrees of variation, as with any guide - The figures given apply to taking drugs non-stop, I did sleep though... spacing your drug intake out will of course give a slightly larger number than what I have here)

In addition, there is a % addiction level for each drug, this is not 100%, it's arbitrary, but based on relative addiction, so it's a fairly good indicator, once your total % addiction reaches 100% you will be kicked from education, when you reach 38% you will go to three star in your company (Tested and confirmed that mixing doesn't increase addiction any more than normal).

The figures present apply to users with 0 hermetic upgrades. For each hermetic upgrade you have present include the relevant percentage changes to your addiction.

May 18th 2011 update - Glass door gym figures added
So, many people asked for this, the amount of drugs you need to take in order to hit the 'glass door' - Note that 'glass door' is the point where you cannot use the gym without first taking a drug, it will result in one of three outcomes you will either 'Hit your head on a curb/Crash through the glass door/Don't feel like training due to addiction' - All of these three outcomes are the same addiction amount, the 'glass door' figure.

Disclaimer: I did not test EVERY drug for this, unlike education. I did not feel it was necessary, I tested main drugs and a few others to get accurate figures for frequently used drugs and a multiplier on addiction that I can use to calculate the figures of addiction for the others. The completely accurate ones are Xanax, vicodin, ecstasy, speed and PCP. - Note also that the 'Percentage addiction' figure has not changed, 100% is still the arbitrary amount it will take for an education kick. Glass door will be roughly 160-170%. Again, this does not account for any extra addiction gained from overdoses.

July 5th 2011 update - Company special effects
I have added accurately calculated figures, relative to my current percentage addiction figures, of how much drug addiction is removed from the 'Herbal cleansing' 5 star florist addiction removal job special, see bellow.

July 24th 2011 update - Company special effects
Finished testing for the cruise liner R&R addiction removal special. Unlike herbal cleansing I was unable to go AS exact, due to only being able to take off job points by 5s, rather than use other specials to get exact job points, but I tested the range and found identical results to herbal cleansing, this leads me to conclude that the two specials have the same amount of addiction removal ability, see bellow.

January 29th 2013 - Minor update (ODs)
Been meaning to do this one for a while, added a far more accurate figure to the addiction gained from an overdose, I intend to do this for most/all drugs, so far it just has xanax. This has been calculated by rehabbing after a single xanax OD (no other drugs) and comparing that with a rehab cost straight after of a single non overdosed xanax. The difference was roughly 2.5x less in terms of rehab costs, so therefore the addiction must follow the same pattern.

June 24th 2014 - RESPO update
I have re-posted my guide following the RESPO update to the forums. A number of users requested this so I could not say no. Apologies for the slight delay on getting it into the new forums, I do have a life and this had to wait until I had some spare time as it does take a while to write out in these forums as I like. I have removed any company star rating distortions, these are now impossible for me to accurately calculate as they're based around employee stats too, so everyone will have different star changes in companies. An important thing to note is that I have not changed or re-calculated any figures present in the old guide, the figures should be as accurate as they were previously for the meantime but it has been hinted that this may not be for very long, Ched may change the figures for drug addiction at some point, he may not, in the event this does happen though I will be re-writing and re-researching the guide. Until then, enjoy!

So, without further ado, here are my results for all the drugs I took

Cannabis


Education kick490 Cannabis
Glass door
805 Cannabis
Percentage addiction0.2%

Ecstasy


Education kick37 Ecstasy
Glass door
61 Ecstasy
Percentage addiction3%

Ketamine


Education kick53 Ketamine
Glass door
87 Ketamine
Percentage addiction1.9%

LSD


Education kick16 LSD
Glass door
27 LSD
Percentage addiction6.25%

Opium


Education kick35 Opium
Glass door
58 Opium
Percentage addiction2.8%

PCP


Education kick13 PCP
Glass door
22 PCP
Percentage addiction7.6%

Shrooms


Education kick64 Shrooms
Glass door
105 Shrooms
Percentage addiction1.6%

Speed


Education kick24 Speed
Glass door
40 Speed
Percentage addiction4.2%

Vicodin


Education kick28 Vicodin
Glass door
45 Vicodin
Percentage addiction3.6%

Xanax


Education kick9 xanax
Glass door16 xanax
Percentage addiction11.2%
Percentage overdose addiction28%
Overdose rate2%

Addiction Removal


Including both R&R and Herbal Cleansing Job specials present in 5 star Cruise Line Agencies and 5 star Flower shops respectively.

After extensive testing I can confirm that the effect of addiction removal, relative to the percentage figures ONLY present in this guide, is -0.34% addiction per job point.
So, if you gained 11.2% addiction from one xanax, using 5 job points on this special would result in a final addiction figure of 9.5%



Thanks to:


MyHeartBleeds4U [847034] - Ketamine results/information
Spiritual [1471808] - Addiction % figures which I was too lazy to calculate.
Torres- [499757] - Use of the flower shop special (remove addiction for job points)
Obey [1287944] - Use of the cruise liner special (remove addiction for job points)
Everyone who wanted this to happen and those who had to listen to my rants revolving around drugs, thanks for all the support received for this guide.

Mentions: Spiritual [1471808]

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Reserved (I wanted to use this post for something but I have forgotten what it was. It will annoy me if I don't get a chance to do that so posting it now)


To everyone who has been requesting this be reposted in the new forums and mailing me for old links ^^^ Here you go. Still getting used to this forum formatting!
QuiteMad [1748786]

Fantastic guide, R+. Question though - when you were researching this, were you in a faction with any kind of hermetic benefit? When calculating our percent addiction with hermetic, should we just apply the percent decrease to the numbers you listed?
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
QuiteMad [1748786]Fantastic guide, R+. Question though - when you were researching this, were you in a faction with any kind of hermetic benefit? When calculating our percent addiction with hermetic, should we just apply the percent decrease to the numbers you listed?

No I didn't have hermetic when I was writing the guide. Added this to the notes/disclaimers part. Guess I forgot to re-include that.

Mentions: QuiteMad [1748786]

Majsan [843586]
Increased OD rate or bad luck? This is starting to get silly.

You pop a few Xanax pills in to your mouth and down a glass of water. A headache is followed by nausea and vomiting. You must have overdosed!2014/06/302:44:46 PM

You pop a few Xanax pills in to your mouth and down a glass of water. A headache is followed by nausea and vomiting. You must have overdosed!2014/06/288:56:00 PM

You pop a few Xanax pills in to your mouth and down a glass of water. A headache is followed by nausea and vomiting. You must have overdosed!2014/06/2610:34:48 PM

You pop a few Xanax pills in to your mouth and down a glass of water. A headache is followed by nausea and vomiting. You must have overdosed!2014/06/236:17:26 AM

You pop a few Xanax pills in to your mouth and down a glass of water. A headache is followed by nausea and vomiting. You must have overdosed!2014/06/226:07:07 AM
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Styx disliked your thread
Drugs Guide

Practice what you preach, Styx :P

You cry and you cry about people abusing the karma system using it to get at people they dislike but it seems to me that the main person doing that is you ;) I hope you get kicked from every one of your education course.

Mentions: Drugs Guide