does anyone actually know what the 5 energy does or how it helps
Pray
Started by Robb-Stark [1075937] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 33
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 66 / 100
- Historical score
- 22 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- dunkidi [1724183]
· 6 likes ·
Was I the only one touched by the priest? - Crayfish [954866]
· 6 likes ·
The Church is a result of Ched's dyslexia.........he read all the threads calling for the return of dogs. He thought they said "Bring back Gods" - Ceb [68232] Committee
· 1 likes ·
my theory is that it improves your chances of being the winner in the "Holy Grail" lottery. it reducing your negative karma so you can get it back to 0 is a good theory too
Mentioned in this thread
Ohadik [424017] ×2 marduke [426197] ×2 bounty_hunt [18202] ×1 Ceb [68232] ×1 Harsh [443611] ×1 Robb-Stark [1075937] ×1 mr_sasquatch [1260521] ×1 idkwhoiam [1314776] ×1 Panda_Girl [1457072] ×1
does anyone actually know what the 5 energy does or how it helps
it doesnt... its just a way to take money out of the game
What the heck is Pray? New feature?
Ohadik [424017]What the heck is Pray? New feature?
Yeah, the Church...
Mentions: Ohadik [424017]
Interesting... I prayed... donated a million... prayed again... no change.
I got to wonder why this was added. Is this needed and do they actually expect players to use it? The way I see it there is only 1 useful option, getting married. Outside of that I have a big fat WTF going on?
Ohadik [424017]Interesting... I prayed... donated a million... prayed again... no change.
I got to wonder why this was added. Is this needed and do they actually expect players to use it? The way I see it there is only 1 useful option, getting married. Outside of that I have a big fat WTF going on?
I'm wondering if there's some sort of hidden bonus granted for using these features, though if there's not, was a waste of time implementing them...
Mentions: Ohadik [424017]
Well, I went to the church, prayed, and then it said something along the lines of 'you repent of your sins'. Nothing changed, however, personal hypothesis is that its a way to get rid of negative karma from the new post rating system. This is based on circumstantial evidence from the message as 'sin' being a form of hate, having taken an action that's frowned upon, etc. This could be a way of trying to get a clean slate so to speak.
That being said, I can also see it working like the dump in terms of achievements/awards/etc. However, there aren't enough specifics for me to go on yet. I can also see this as being interesting point in upcoming events, particularly: halloween, christmas, easter, and torn of the dead.
At any rate, I'm going to be interested in any new developments regarding this feature.
pray to thine desired deity, offer thine coin, vow undying faith, and thou shalt gain Their divine favor...
these are the words etched in legend.
i prayed twice now first time didnt get it so i pray a second time still ched not send me 250 billion dollars
Was I the only one touched by the priest?
Praying and "forgiving sins" seems to imply that you lose crime experience. I'm not risking it as this seems to be a money/exp sink. [:tired:]
bounty_hunt [18202]Praying and "forgiving sins" seems to imply that you lose crime experience. I'm not risking it as this seems to be a money/exp sink. [:tired:]
Bit of speculation, but why would they put in a crime xp sink when its possible to hold levels indefinitely? I can understand money sink on economic grounds (a poor argument but a relatively easy solution), but xp sink?
Mentions: bounty_hunt [18202]
maybe its a update on top of a update so this is only one part of the update
Robb-Stark [1075937]maybe its a update on top of a update so this is only one part of the update
Poorly worded, but understandable given how big the changes to TC are, it might be something that's only partially up at the moment. Something like leveling up and unlocking the ability to travel, but some nations having a higher level to unlock requirement than the airport itself right?....or did I misunderstand?
Mentions: Robb-Stark [1075937]
I've done the pray twice, but haven't seen any discernible effect.
my theory is that it improves your chances of being the winner in the "Holy Grail" lottery.
it reducing your negative karma so you can get it back to 0 is a good theory too
Instead of guessing... why don't we ask Ched or a staff member to explain to us the Church...
Somebody needs to care for the noobs you know..? :P
The_Reputed [68232]my theory is that it improves your chances of being the winner in the "Holy Grail" lottery.
it reducing your negative karma so you can get it back to 0 is a good theory too
I don't think there is negative karma.. I haven't seen anyone with negative karma anyway.
Mentions: Ceb [68232]
The Church is a result of Ched's dyslexia.........he read all the threads calling for the return of dogs.
He thought they said "Bring back Gods"
Maybe the point of the church is that people will eventually probe it to a high extent.
At some point, someones going to come home drunk and empty 1bill into it to see if anything good happens.
Nothing does happen, but all that means is that maybe you need to donate 2bill to see what really happens
...and so the legend continues and people keep throwing money in the wishing well.