Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

BLP 2014/2015

Started by 1796966 [1796966] on in Sports.

71 replies · 332 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 72 / 72 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
72
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

1615348 [1615348] ×11 Marauder [436873] ×9 Moguai [423015] ×3 Gronk [1003620] ×3 SLR [1016712] ×3 Ketone [1836734] ×3 1839251 [1839251] ×3 _Cynic_ [206537] ×2 kyle8048 [488020] ×2 dunmugmeh [538353] ×2 RatedR [72498] ×1 Jayse [119249] ×1

flufffy [494285]

Not Liverpool now... no Suarez no Title. You heard it here first and you can save this post for May next year >:o

I guess I'll say... ummmm.... Chelsea as well.
MachineGunSteve [184119]

I would have said Liverpool, but now that Suarez will likely miss lots of time (should miss the whole thing imho) I guess I will have to wait and see the final results from transfers before I make a prediction. As of now, I would have to say City still look tops, with Chelsea a close second.
1796966 [1796966]
RatedR [72498]way too early to say, it really depends on what team signs which player and who gets sold.

True, but judging now.

Obviously you can change your opinion.

Tbh i think Fabregas will fail at Chelsea.

Mentions: RatedR [72498]

SLR [1016712]

As a liverpool fan I'd like to say us, but Chelsea have an extremely strong squad and man city are always in with a shout. Really difficult to choose this season.
RasAlGhul [1448500]

WE (CFC) Have the best team in the PL. FACT. Last year City did. With the addition of a few quality signings-I'm pretty sure we should win the league!
dunmugmeh [538353]
--Rolfe-- [1016712]As a liverpool fan I'd like to say us, but Chelsea have an extremely strong squad and man city are always in with a shout. Really difficult to choose this season.

as a fellow liverpool fan im not very optimistic. we have made signings with the suarez money i havnet heard of any of them before i hope they arent andy carrols, aquillanis, downings etc they need to be good ie coutinhou good or we have no chance of winning the league.

Mentions: SLR [1016712]

1796966 [1796966]
dunmugmeh [538353]
--Rolfe-- [1016712]As a liverpool fan I'd like to say us, but Chelsea have an extremely strong squad and man city are always in with a shout. Really difficult to choose this season.

as a fellow liverpool fan im not very optimistic. we have made signings with the suarez money i havnet heard of any of them before i hope they arent andy carrols, aquillanis, downings etc they need to be good ie coutinhou good or we have no chance of winning the league.

I've heard of everyone Liverpool have signed they're just average, It'll be a cat fight for 4th spot this season. Tottenham/Liverpool/United will be in the running.. Hopefully United will get it ;)

IMO so far the top for will end

-Chelsea
- Man C
- Arsenal
- United

Mentions: dunmugmeh [538353] · SLR [1016712]

_Cynic_ [206537]

I think its to tight to call. All the teams are strengthening but still all have obvious weaknesses.

Chelsea - They have obviously got in Costa who will give them the quality striker they have been missing, however I am not fully convinced that they gel as a side. They are solid at the back but that midfield does worry me. I think individually they are great players but together it just doesnt click like the midfield did in Jose's first stint.

Man City - I still think they are weak at the back and to reliant on Toure in the middle. An injury to Toure or Kompany and I think they will really struggle.

Arsenal - They need Khederia as they really do struggle at the back. However they still lack a world class striker. Unless Walcott can finally make that role his, they will struggle for top 4 this season

Man U - Going to be an interesting year. Lots of new players and talented youngsters but just a question of how well they gel. Might struggle early on.

Liverpool - I actually dont think they will miss Suarez as much as people may think. This change may give them more consistency in formation and where players play and if they get Remy upfront, they will have a goalscorer who will get 20+ a season. However they worry me defensively. Glen Johnson is shit. he cannot defend. Whilst they will score, they will also concede.

I do not think any other clubs will challenge these 5 to be honest.
dunmugmeh [538353]
Zap [1796966]
dunmugmeh [538353]
--Rolfe-- [1016712]As a liverpool fan I'd like to say us, but Chelsea have an extremely strong squad and man city are always in with a shout. Really difficult to choose this season.

as a fellow liverpool fan im not very optimistic. we have made signings with the suarez money i havnet heard of any of them before i hope they arent andy carrols, aquillanis, downings etc they need to be good ie coutinhou good or we have no chance of winning the league.

I've heard of everyone Liverpool have signed they're just average, It'll be a cat fight for 4th spot this season. Tottenham/Liverpool/United will be in the running.. Hopefully United will get it ;)

IMO so far the top for will end

-Chelsea
- Man C
- Arsenal
- United

Average is no good for liverpool we need quality players Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham have a lot of players who are better than ours. And one of our new signing just got crocked in a pre season friendly i think they said it was a broken shin, ie very bad.

Mentions: 1796966 [1796966] · dunmugmeh [538353] · SLR [1016712]

Ketone [1836734]

Im going to say crystal palace. If you gave palace 100 mill to spend, the season they had with tony pulis.. There a team to beat.

Dark horses.. Tottenham for CL and everton
_Cynic_ [206537]
Ketone [1836734]Im going to say crystal palace. If you gave palace 100 mill to spend, the season they had with tony pulis.. There a team to beat.

Dark horses.. Tottenham for CL and everton

I am going to say this is a joke about Palace!
Sorry Palace is going down this season. Nothing against them, I like small teams. But lets be honest. Pulis did great last season but in reality he is a dull boring average at best manager!
He did well last season because he went to palace and they had nothing to play for. most people already decided they were down! He actually played a team that attacked and passed!
Can you see them the same this year? or more towards his Stoke team. keeping it dull, aggressive and hoofing the ball up the pitch!


Mentions: Ketone [1836734]

kyle8048 [488020]

Top 5

Chelsea
United
Southampton re-branded (ie Liverpool)
City
Arsenal


Bottom 4

Aston Villa
Burnley
Leicester
West Brom


This years overachievers: Newcastle
This years underachievers: Everton/City

Golden Boot: This is a tough call between Rooney/RVP, Costa and Sturridge. Going to Punt on Costa. I always thought chelsea would be a force with a world class out and out striker. RVP/Rooney will share too many goals and Liverpool won't score as many this year.

Player of the season: Hazard
Young Player of the season: Shaw

Unknown (breakthrough) player of the season: Aaron Cresswell
python [1009878]
Ketone [1836734]Im going to say crystal palace. If you gave palace 100 mill to spend, the season they had with tony pulis.. There a team to beat.

Dark horses.. Tottenham for CL and everton

if southhampton spend all money they got wisely and not blow it on BIG names who flop they could be in with shout oof top 5 atleast

Mentions: Ketone [1836734]

1839251 [1839251]

Top 5

Chelsea
Liverpool
City
United
Arsenal


Bottom 4

Aston Villa
Burnley
Crystal Palace
West Brom


This years overachievers: West Ham
This years underachievers: Spurs

Golden Boot: Many teams, many signings but there are a few names that stand out. Diouf @ Stoke, Zarate @ West Ham, Sturridge @ Liverpool but I think I'm going to go with Van Persie, VG will sort the United team out and make VP a main player.

Player of the season: Sanchez
Young Player of the season: Shaw


Copied your format and change it slightly :o