Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

House Music

Started by Xemeh [1677415] on in Music.

14 replies · 84 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

dunmugmeh [538353] ×1

Xemeh [1677415]

I myself listen to Deep, Future, Electro, Big Room and Jackin House..

What sub-genres/producers do you listen to?
CravenTHC [1569996]

I've never been big on the sub-genre distinctions. If its got a decent beat, some melody, and big drops then I'm on board. Someday I hope to make it out to Cali for the EDC if that helps.
Marauder [436873]

House and every one of its bastard step child sub genres got very boring and lazy just like 95% of its producers. House died in the late 90s IMO but I could just be showing my age now lol

Samorost [1655145]

I listen to mostly everything I can along this genre.
Here's a set I cant stop listening to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtP-rUatG7Q
dunmugmeh [538353]

I like dance music :P

I believe it was invented in Manchester my city ie The Chemical Brothers.

A lot of good music is and has been produced in Manchester not just party music either good rock music as well.
Anon [1771528]

Deep house, dubstep, UK Rap.

It now disgusts me when I mention dubstep, I don't listen to the dubstep you possibly know, I'm talking about producers like Mala, Enigma Dubz, Coki, Digital Mystikz, Scream, Kromestar, Sukh Knight etc.
Marauder [436873]
dunmugmeh [538353]I like dance music :P

I believe it was invented in Manchester my city ie The Chemical Brothers.

A lot of good music is and has been produced in Manchester not just party music either good rock music as well.

Manchester has produced some amazing bands throughout the years but it did not invent dance music, it was the first place in the UK to play it at the infamous Hacienda run by Anthony Wilson (Factory Records boss) and New Order.

House originated in Chicago in the early 80s stemming from a heavy disco scene getting stagnant and producers wanting to up the BPM on tracks. House in the UK arrived late 80s, and took a heavy influence from the Baleric Island sounds which was very different from the Chicago sound. The UK has been a pioneer in the Dance Music scene spawning a shit load of sub genres
and some of the best bands, DJ's and producers.

The dance scene in England in the early 90s was some of the best times of my life (from what I remember of them) the sound systems that would put on parties every weekend were unbelievable, The Spiral tribe, Megadog and some others who slip my mind right now were the ones to catch. It took the English government to pass a bill to stop the big Sound Systems (Criminal justice Act '94) but even when I left the UK in 2004 the underground scene was still kicking hard!

Ohhh FYI: The Chemical Brothers are 2 London boys ;)

Mentions: dunmugmeh [538353]

dunmugmeh [538353]

Yes i know the chemical brothers where born in london :P But they came to prominence by moving to manchester and tapping into the vibe there to make their stuff :P
Sighberi [1858760]

House music? Anyone listen to the hardkast? Teknicast, klubbed up, masif pocast or any other of the harder stuff, loving hard dance.