Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Awareness!

Started by RyuFive [1635537] Reporter on in Suggestions.

22 replies · 305 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
46 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

Second2none [1615950] ×2 Drakien [275372] ×1 Manarutos [786573] ×1 CravenTHC [1569996] ×1

RyuFive [1635537] Reporter

How does this sound?
People with 0 awareness can "check the city" once a week, which tells them how many items are there currently.
People with higher awareness could "check the city" much faster.

I suggest this because i find it annoying to look all over the city map when there isnt anything there.

Ive found 4 items since respo started. All small ones sadly xD
CravenTHC [1569996]

I think I've "scanned" the city about 7 or 8 times in total the past two days, and I've found four items. I have 0/10 merits invested into awareness, and have yet to take any educations that would increase it. I have yet to find anything substantial, but something tells me this is simply a random factor. I thoroughly enjoy having an active roll in my city finds awards/honors, but I also understand that the current level of knowledge on how awareness factors into the equation would be frustrating for anybody that has spent merits there. Although I did consider awareness to be a waste of merits previously, so the lack of utility for this merit line in the new system only further supports that assertion.
Beerstein [1322136]

We'll get used to the gap in item respawns based on our awareness, so essentially it's already in place. I have 1 merit there and am going for once every 3 days about keeping in mind they can stack up to 3 that we know of.
Second2none [1615950]

oh no - more mouse work dragging a silly map around to find stuff.

it's slow - boring, and it a can even cause mouse damages;http://www.rsi.org.uk/

no, I'm not kidding.

Id rather have the Easter egg way of finding stuff, they were on the pages you would click anyway.






CravenTHC [1569996]
Second2none [1615950]oh no - more mouse work dragging a silly map around to find stuff.

it's slow - boring, and it a can even cause mouse damages;http://www.rsi.org.uk/

no, I'm not kidding.

Id rather have the Easter egg way of finding stuff, they were on the pages you would click anyway.




If all you want to do is click, then click away. Use the cardinal direction arrows on the toolbit in the top right corner of the city screen. No need to "drag" anything using the arrows, and by using clicks you can more easily ensure that you've covered the entire map.

Mentions: Second2none [1615950]

M3rck [198644]

10/10 found one florin coin....

This new system sucks....now i also need to "waste" time looking to a map just to make my merits worth something??
Netsky [960069]

10/10 and I've found a box of chocolate. I don't know if I can really be stuffed "scanning" the city for items while doing my daily torn duties. Maybe if I have some spare time, other than that it's a lot of effort.
Drakien [275372]

10/10 Awareness + Education.

-Item Found (Location Description) Map Link-
Gold Watch (On the road right below the southeastern part of the airport) http://www.torn.com/city.php?pos=3st%c7d%6
FiveSeven (In Bushes to the North East of the Beltway Interchange)http://www.torn.com/city.php?pos=7lg%bt1%6
Swiss Army Knife (In Bushes to the East of Nikeh Sports)http://www.torn.com/city.php?pos=dxe%9kb%6
Vector CR-21 (On a building in the lower left section of buildings)http://www.torn.com/city.php?pos=fhb%asy%6
Bag of Bon Bons (Pinkish square in the middle of the road)http://www.torn.com/city.php?pos=hlo%9j3%6

Items seem to spawn randomly across the whole map except for in the water. *This has not been verified 100% yet. I will continue scanning water, and unless chedburn or staff says otherwise, they might still spawn in water!

Confirmed they do spawn in COLORED AREAS! Thanks Manarutos for this confirmation!
I've also noticed that the items will load slightly slower than the map does when you are scanning. Almost as if the item is lagging spawn. It helped me spot the five seven, especially since the gun was dark and small mixed with bushes.

Items can "Stack" in the city! So far the most is 3 items visible at one time on the map! Thanks toBeerstein for the confirmation!

As far as Zoom levels for finding items, I have found items with Max zoom in and 1 step out from Max zoom in. Have yet to find anything or hear of anyone zoomed out farther with an item found.
CravenTHC [1569996]
Drakien [275372]10/10 Awareness + Education.

Found a gold watch. I've searched the city over 20 times.

Is it random where they are placed, or is there some sort of system as to the placement? Like only on roads etc?

I found the gold watch on the road right below the southeastern part of the airport.

It has been my experience, so far, that items will pop up anywhere other than the water. Basically meaning its best if you scan the entire map for items.

Mentions: Drakien [275372]

Drakien [275372]

Thanks Craven, I'll keep searching the whole thing, this way I can keep updating my original post for locations and items.
Manarutos [786573]

I can confirm items will spawn within the colored areas.

My eyes always needed to readjust when I saw the purple or red or something, so I was hoping they wouldn't spawn within those areas.

They do spawn within them.

So far nothing in the water.
Drakien [275372]
Manarutos [786573]I can confirm items will spawn within the colored areas.

My eyes always needed to readjust when I saw the purple or red or something, so I was hoping they wouldn't spawn within those areas.

They do spawn within them.

So far nothing in the water.

I was wondering that, Thanks for the heads up! I'll scan those a bit closer now!

Mentions: Manarutos [786573]