Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Empty Jail

Started by cyberdude [1613175] on in General Discussion.

26 replies · 508 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

dunmugmeh [538353] ×3 Wicka [895688] ×2 Robb-Stark [1075937] ×2 ReyDuvall [1526820] ×2 McDallas [14757] ×1 David [132845] ×1 PatBenatar [420347] ×1

cyberdude [1613175]

So we just got a new Respo, currently no script working with it.

And still we see an empty jail???? My oh my, who would have thought, eh Pluto and dunmugmeh???

Wasn't there something about you two guys shouting about the jail being empty due to scripters????

Riiiight, so I think that settles the case, eh?
CatHead [1581564]

My only qualm with the script was that people could bust quicker than those without the script. When time is a factor it always struck me as unfair that people were allowed to use a program to make them go quicker. The jail would be empty anyways because of the sheer numbers of people wanting to bust.

I wonder if those that used scripts before find it harder to get so many now that there is no script. Maybe it's exactly the same for them.
Wicka [895688]

That's not entirely fair statement cyberdude. Your script certainly gave people an advantage over people who didn't use it. I should know, I used it. Now it's a level playing field.

No one is surprised the jail is still empty. People are still working on CE and/or merits.
DrZed [237786]

The biggest problem with no people in jail is first off people know now that jail busts give experience, busting costs less energy to a lot of people with faction upgrades, and the ability to bail now, and also people are not trying to purposely get in jail to try to self bust. That and the award for busting and bailing that people want to get.
ReyDuvall [1526820]
Wicka [895688]That's not entirely fair statement cyberdude. Your script certainly gave people an advantage over people who didn't use it. I should know, I used it. Now it's a level playing field.

No one is surprised the jail is still empty.

Well, the reason the thread was made is because you are wrong. Some people WOULD be surprised the jail is still empty since they made the argument that the scripts were why the jail was empty.

I don't know about an even playing field, either.
With my google fiber I'm getting basically all the busts I try for.
That doesn't seem fair.
What about the dozen people that come up empty each time because of me?
The script was available to almost all, and Google Fiber is only available in 3 cities, unavailable to 99.99% of the world. So which one is fair?

I miss the rest of Cyber's script, though... baby come back

Mentions: Wicka [895688]

four [254727]

Busting takes like no time at all now, I don't even need a script. I just busted ~8 people in about 2 minutes (jailed twice).
TheBathMan [1097030]
ReyDuvall [1526820]
Wicka [895688]That's not entirely fair statement cyberdude. Your script certainly gave people an advantage over people who didn't use it. I should know, I used it. Now it's a level playing field.

No one is surprised the jail is still empty.

Well, the reason the thread was made is because you are wrong. Some people WOULD be surprised the jail is still empty since they made the argument that the scripts were why the jail was empty.

I don't know about an even playing field, either.
With my google fiber I'm getting basically all the busts I try for.
That doesn't seem fair.
What about the dozen people that come up empty each time because of me?
The script was available to almost all, and Google Fiber is only available in 3 cities, unavailable to 99.99% of the world. So which one is fair?

I miss the rest of Cyber's script, though... baby come back

Google fiber... sick [:dizzy:]

I used cyber's script before, it hasn't made me miss a beat when it comes to busting without it though. Plus the new system has the confirm link just below the bust link as opposed to loading an entirely new page for it, which IMO pretty much eliminates the need for a script anyway

Mentions: ReyDuvall [1526820] · Wicka [895688]

dunmugmeh [538353]

Having a script which lets you bust multiple people at once is a big advantage. The reason the jail is still empty is because there are merits for bailing and everyone now knows busting is good for your crime xp.

Now more people have a fair chance of busting people out of jail instead of the scripters getting most of them.
cyberdude [1613175]
dunmugmeh [538353]Having a script which lets you bust multiple people at once is a big advantage. The reason the jail is still empty is because there are merits for bailing and everyone now knows busting is good for your crime xp.

Now more people have a fair chance of busting people out of jail instead of the scripters getting most of them.

I and other scripters have gotten a lot of flack from you and Pluto where you claim that the empty jail was BECAUSE of the scripts, which has been clearly demonstrated now, I and plenty of other users of the scripts tried to explain to you and Pluto that the scripts was NOT CAUSING the empty jails, it was more an after effect due to the empty jails.
Right now you are saying exactly what I and others (Especially Link) has said for ages, where you and Pluto disagreed, now that you've been proven wrong, you suddenly changed your mind?

I always publize whatever work/script I do, so everybody can get the same effects, or advantages if you want to call it that, instead of just a small number of people using private/black market scripts.

But thanks for acknowledging the fact that the scripts wasn't the cause of the empty jail, as I said in OP, I guess that settles the case then ;)

Mentions: dunmugmeh [538353]

David [132845]

The day I stopped using Firefox and switched to Safari, I started getting more busts because Torn loaded faster. Hardware helps (I rigged my laptop with an SSD last year, and it's real fast) but dedication is key.

A dedicated player could easily get 100+ busts per day without scripts... and for what it's worth, if it could bring you comfort, the time when I slow down on busting is near![:tongue:]
dunmugmeh [538353]

Any unfair advantage which a script gives is bad for the vast majority of players who dont use scripts. I hope ched has coded respo to stop/reduce the amount of scripts that can be used with this game.
David [132845]
dunmugmeh [538353]Any unfair advantage which a script gives is bad for the vast majority of players who dont use scripts. I hope ched has coded respo to stop/reduce the amount of scripts that can be used with this game.

One clever way for Chedburn to do this would be to immediately trigger a CAPTCHA validation page whenever a confirmation page (or step) is bypassed. Possibly with using some dynamically-generated variables that get passed along the steps to validate a legit bust attempt. If Ched has the balls to do this, people will drop those f**king scripts overnight.

Mentions: dunmugmeh [538353]

Mauk [1494436]
David [132845]
dunmugmeh [538353]Any unfair advantage which a script gives is bad for the vast majority of players who dont use scripts. I hope ched has coded respo to stop/reduce the amount of scripts that can be used with this game.

One clever way for Chedburn to do this would be to immediately trigger a CAPTCHA validation page whenever a confirmation page (or step) is bypassed. Possibly with using some dynamically-generated variables that get passed along the steps to validate a legit bust attempt. If Ched has the balls to do this, people will drop those f**king scripts overnight.

You underestimate how powerful scripts can be.

I feel like several Torn's anti-scripting features are akin to DRM-- uneffective against wrongdoers but potentially annoying to legitimate players. See the new 60 requests/minute: it affected lots of real players, while scripters can simply leave the computer working for a few minutes instead of seconds.

Mentions: David [132845] · dunmugmeh [538353]

Neopolitan [276835]

IMO, they should have used 90 requests/second instead of 60. I don't think anyone that isn't using cheat scripts needs to load more than 90 pages a minute.

ReyDuvall [1526820]
Robb-Stark [1075937]

i was in jail for 45 seconds today thats the longest i sat there in a while

The other day, before respo, I sat for over 5 minutes. The emptiness of the jail has long been exaggerated.

Mentions: Robb-Stark [1075937]

Julez [237543]
ReyDuvall [1526820]
Robb-Stark [1075937]

i was in jail for 45 seconds today thats the longest i sat there in a while

The other day, before respo, I sat for over 5 minutes. The emptiness of the jail has long been exaggerated.

Nah it's just some stupid kicking screaming non-busting idiots who've been complaining the most...

Mentions: ReyDuvall [1526820] · Robb-Stark [1075937]