Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Master Chief Collection!

Started by Beeee [1682456] on in Gaming.

15 replies · 73 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

CravenTHC [1569996] ×2 Melly2529 [1836798] ×2 Alaska2 [1857575] ×2 Esper [422033] ×1 Just_Some_Guy [1540315] ×1

CravenTHC [1569996]

I cannot wait. Halo is the reason that I became an Xbox fan, and it will be the reason that I buy an Xbox One finally. Getting to play classic Halo 2 multiplayer with my old friends again is probably going to break me down to tears. It will be absolutely glorious.
Beeee [1682456]
CravenTHC [1569996]I cannot wait. Halo is the reason that I became an Xbox fan, and it will be the reason that I buy an Xbox One finally. Getting to play classic Halo 2 multiplayer with my old friends again is probably going to break me down to tears. It will be absolutely glorious.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels like this on here!! I'm so pumped for it, November seems too long away :(

Mentions: CravenTHC [1569996]

Alaska2 [1857575]

I've been waiting for this for a while and will be the only reason I buy the Xbox One.

The only thing I don't get is how all four games ranks will be interconnected together? Because each game won't have a separate set of ranks.
Beeee [1682456]

Me too. I watched E3 purely for Halo! And replaying it still gets to me..

Hmmmm, yeah thats true, but I'm trusting 343i to come up with something good in terms of rank!

What are you excited about the most??
Alaska2 [1857575]

The population increase by far since all the Halo games are dying at this point.


Other than that probably to play Halo 2. Because it is the most competitive of the Halos and I had started with Halo 3 and have been continuously been playing it since 2008 to this day. I pretty much mastered that game and got 50's in every playlist. So I want to see how I compare in Halo 2.
CravenTHC [1569996]
Alaska [1857575]The population increase by far since all the Halo games are dying at this point.


Other than that probably to play Halo 2. Because it is the most competitive of the Halos and I had started with Halo 3 and have been continuously been playing it since 2008 to this day. I pretty much mastered that game and got 50's in every playlist. So I want to see how I compare in Halo 2.

Halo 2 is what introduced me to the world of online competitive gaming. People that I know from H3 that easily obtained the rank of General did not fare nearly as well in Halo 2. I sort of hope they use a similar ranking system because it really showed what each player was like skill wise. There weren't 50 thousand level 50's and then the rest. There were maybe 500 level 50's in the entire matchmaking pool. Anything above a 40 was well respected and feared, so it will definitely be interesting.

Mentions: Alaska2 [1857575]

Beeee [1682456]
CravenTHC [1569996]
Alaska [1857575]The population increase by far since all the Halo games are dying at this point.


Other than that probably to play Halo 2. Because it is the most competitive of the Halos and I had started with Halo 3 and have been continuously been playing it since 2008 to this day. I pretty much mastered that game and got 50's in every playlist. So I want to see how I compare in Halo 2.

Halo 2 is what introduced me to the world of online competitive gaming. People that I know from H3 that easily obtained the rank of General did not fare nearly as well in Halo 2. I sort of hope they use a similar ranking system because it really showed what each player was like skill wise. There weren't 50 thousand level 50's and then the rest. There were maybe 500 level 50's in the entire matchmaking pool. Anything above a 40 was well respected and feared, so it will definitely be interesting.

Oh man yeah, the population has really declined, so it's gonna be great to see thousands of players online again!

Same here, that's exactly how I am feeling aswell. I started at Halo 3 in 2009, and since then I've followed MLG and got into competitive gaming as well as casual :) Though I'm nowhere near as good as you guys, I only managed to get a highest skill of 47 which was on Lone Wolves. But I did get 45's in MLG and TS!

I can't wait to see what H2 is like!!




Mentions: Alaska2 [1857575] · CravenTHC [1569996]

Just_Some_Guy [1540315]

I'm looking forward to this as well. All previous Halos & maps in one massive playlist will be epic.
And the first 4 games will beremastered at 60 frames per second at 1080p HD. That will be sweet.
And I look forward to playing through the entire story from beginning to end via co-op with some friends.
It should be a lot of fun, but damn there's going to be so many awesome AAA games coming out this fall. Makes you wish they waited to release the new consoles this fall when the killer apps finally arrive doesn't it? ;)
Melly2529 [1836798]

what is the Master Chief Collection exactly? I'm getting different answers. I'm wondering if it is a new story, or if it is just a collection of all the games made with Master Chief in them?
Just_Some_Guy [1540315]
LittleMama926 [1836798]what is the Master Chief Collection exactly? I'm getting different answers. I'm wondering if it is a new story, or if it is just a collection of all the games made with Master Chief in them?

It includes: Halo CE Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, and Halo 4. It also contains the upcoming Halo: Nightfall mini-series and beta access to Halo 5: Guardians.
The Master Chief Collection will only contain games that the Master Chief has starred in.
The first 4 games will be remastered and running at 60 FPS & 1080P.
And you'll get access to the Halo 5 Beta which will start onDecember 27th and last 3 weeks.

Mentions: Melly2529 [1836798]

Beeee [1682456]
Sabrewulf [1540315]
LittleMama926 [1836798]what is the Master Chief Collection exactly? I'm getting different answers. I'm wondering if it is a new story, or if it is just a collection of all the games made with Master Chief in them?

It includes: Halo CE Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, and Halo 4. It also contains the upcoming Halo: Nightfall mini-series and beta access to Halo 5: Guardians.
The Master Chief Collection will only contain games that the Master Chief has starred in.
The first 4 games will be remastered and running at 60 FPS & 1080P.
And you'll get access to the Halo 5 Beta which will start onDecember 27th and last 3 weeks.

Spot on description :D

Mentions: Just_Some_Guy [1540315] · Melly2529 [1836798]

Hannibal_ [700843]

As a PS4 user, I am jeaolous and I will definitely get an xbox one solely for the purpose of experiencing Halo for the first time
Esper [422033]

Wait, like a collection 4 different + games which are all the same but their titles have different numbers?

Cool! :)

Lol, it's Halo 1, Halo 1-2, Halo 1-3, and Halo 1-4
CravenTHC [1569996]
Esper [422033]Wait, like a collection 4 different + games which are all the same but their titles have different numbers?

Cool! :)

Lol, it's Halo 1, Halo 1-2, Halo 1-3, and Halo 1-4

Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary) took me almost 20 game hours to beat on the hardest difficulty.
Halo 2 on legendary was pretty much impossible. On Heroic ("Hard") I was able to run through in about 8-10 game hours.
Halo 3 on legendary was somewhat more reasonable at about 12-15 game hours.
Halo 4 on legendary was probably my fastest at about 8 hours.

Note that each of these games get easier because of my familiarity with the series as well.

If we give a generous 50% reduction in time taken, the total time one could expect this full experience to take is approximately 25 hours. What single ($60) first person shooter are you aware of that takes that damn long? That's like calling the last six CoD games "Cod 4-2 through 5".

What hasn't been mentioned yet is that each game will feature a different multiplayer experience with over 100 different multiplayer maps packaged in the shipped product. By comparison Battlefield 3 shipped with 9 maps, Battlefield 4 with 10, and CoD Ghosts with 14.

I suppose the point of this fanboy rant is that your dismissive attitude doesn't do this game justice. I would suggest you look further into it before you judge it.

Speaking of being a fanboy, have you folks heard about the GunGoose yet? Finally the UNSC gets something that can compete with the ghost.

Mentions: Esper [422033]

Beeee [1682456]

Oh yeah I heard about the GunGoose!! I can't wait to try it out xD Damn them ghosts were always annoying :'(

Grrrr! November is too far away!!!