CLOSE this Thread
Close this shit
Started by Alah_Ukbar [458166] on in Graveyard.
About this thread
Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 20
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 17
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 5
- Authority score
- 42 / 100
- Historical score
- 32 / 100
- Story score
- 54 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 2 likes ·
Clearly you've missed the point entirely. They're not given out 'to be sold' (For a start, I cant sell them) and I choose carefully to give them out to friends as a memento piece rather than something they can quickly … - bogie [148747] Admin
· 2 likes ·
If 'Clancy' said tomorrow she was doing this first of all I'd be like "Hey Heather, changed your name?" and I definitely would NOT think this is a good idea. Are you blind or something mate? Where in any point … - bogie [148747] Admin
· 2 likes ·
Holy shit, I've just remembered who you are! You're that guy who was continuously ranting in my chatbox before RESPO (Destruction your name was, right?) that the only reason I had money was because I sold off all my staff …
Mentioned in this thread
Alah_Ukbar [458166] ×2 MarlonBrando [1337797] ×1
CLOSE this Thread
why?
its a staff collectible, ment for staff not the rabble
If you want a staff collectible, just buy one. They cost only 2-2.5bil.
Rare items should be rare. Watering them down and adding new ones to the system is stupid.
Rubbish idea
you had one too many in the queen vic , phil?
Moved...[:sick:]
The entire point of staff collectibles is that they're given to staff as recognition for their years of service to the game, what you're suggesting effectively nullifies that, offers little real benefit to the game (They are rare because they cant be acquired, if you introduce them like that then they are no longer rare and no longer valuable) and would only serve to piss off staff... They were given to staff to distribute as they choose. Max summed it up perfectly in his post.
If you can't afford something then tough shit, you argue that they're not acquired by normal players... well that's because they're not normal items...
Years ago, around the Holidays Clansdancer used to place many staff items in the Auction from The_Hamster where anyone could bid on them, the best approach is random throughout the year and the The_Hamster giveaway of course.
jamesbond [1337797]Years ago, around the Holidays Clansdancer used to place many staff items in the Auction from The_Hamster where anyone could bid on them, the best approach is random throughout the year and the The_Hamster giveaway of course.
These items are ones that are stripped from deleted players and re-distributed rather than crediting new ones into the game for players to buy.
Mentions: MarlonBrando [1337797]
Yeah its ok for u as you got 4 of them Stock piled to Drive ur price up! Just doesnt seem fair that your friends get them and they cant be sold on its a Crap way of rewarding Staff and 20 Friends say!
bogie [148747]
The entire point of staff collectibles is that they're given to staff as recognition for their years of service to the game, what you're suggesting effectively nullifies that, offers little real benefit to the game (They are rare because they cant be acquired, if you introduce them like that then they are no longer rare and no longer valuable) and would only serve to piss off staff... They were given to staff to distribute as they choose. Max summed it up perfectly in his post.
If you can't afford something then tough shit, you argue that they're not acquired by normal players... well that's because they're not normal items...
Mentions: bogie [148747]
Yes but the hamster giveaway was manic on IRC it would load for lots of us!
I think that player should win some from the hamster thats all Give players a chance too get them not just staff!
jamesbond [1337797]
Years ago, around the Holidays Clansdancer used to place many staff items in the Auction from The_Hamster where anyone could bid on them, the best approach is random throughout the year and the The_Hamster giveaway of course.
Phil_Mitchell [458166]Yeah its ok for u as you got 4 of them Stock piled to Drive ur price up! Just doesnt seem fair that your friends get them and they cant be sold on its a Crap way of rewarding Staff and 20 Friends say!
bogie [148747]
The entire point of staff collectibles is that they're given to staff as recognition for their years of service to the game, what you're suggesting effectively nullifies that, offers little real benefit to the game (They are rare because they cant be acquired, if you introduce them like that then they are no longer rare and no longer valuable) and would only serve to piss off staff... They were given to staff to distribute as they choose. Max summed it up perfectly in his post.
If you can't afford something then tough shit, you argue that they're not acquired by normal players... well that's because they're not normal items...
Clearly you've missed the point entirely. They're not given out 'to be sold' (For a start, I cant sell them) and I choose carefully to give them out to friends as a memento piece rather than something they can quickly sell.
Your attitude is exactly the reason why you'll never get given one. In fact it's quite greedy and pathetic of you. The clue is in the name "Staff collectibles", stop having a tantrum because you're jealous. As said above too... you introduce these items into the game on mass then they lose any kind of value and are no longer 'staff' collectibles...
Sounds to me like the issue isn't the fact that rare items aren't more easily acquirable, this suggestion is just a crybaby thread to highlight the fact that YOU don't have them.
You've made it clear that you only want this stuff as a free handout to yourself to sell on for some quick cash, if everyone had one then how on earth would you make any cash from it as they'd be as common as anything... Why not just change your suggestion to "OMG IM A PEASANT PLEASE CHED GIVE ME MONEY" as that's all you're trying to say.
As I said before, tough shit. You want rare items then expect to pay a premium for them, that comes exactly with them being rare. If you can only afford 'common' items then take the hint that you're just a common player and deserve to be treated as such.
You start your thread off with saying "they receive them for nothing", except... that's absolute bullshit, secretaries work many many years for the game (For free) without getting one, but apparently that's 'nothing' (staff don't ask for them, staff don't expect them, they are a nice surprise and a reward. When I started staff I was under the impression that I would never receive one, as were many others, I never asked for one, to get something like that was a very nice surprise). The irony is lost on you when you complain about not being given one for quite literally doing nothing...
Mentions: Alah_Ukbar [458166] · bogie [148747]
Your missing the Point too, I think that NOT ME in general But ''Players'' you know the people who havent had it all given too them, the Commoner's who have had too ''work'' for all they got, Im on about Getting these Collectibles Out into Circulation out of Dead accounts and the Hamsters, Also i always thought there was 20 of one staff collectible i have been seeing 21,24's So someone's making more :/
And like you said a ''nice'' Suprise, Why dont player deserve this?, Why shouldnt a Random player who is subscribing to help the game get a nice 'suprise' if you wasnt staff bogie nor super rich you'd be half alright,
If Clancy Said tommorow she would do this you would Throw your arm up in the air and be like '' Ohh Clancy your amazing, I love this idea''
your Just a bum licker :P
Phil_Mitchell [458166]Your missing the Point too, I think that NOT ME in general But ''Players'' you know the people who havent had it all given too them, the Commoner's who have had too ''work'' for all they got, Im on about Getting these Collectibles Out into Circulation out of Dead accounts and the Hamsters, Also i always thought there was 20 of one staff collectible i have been seeing 21,24's So someone's making more :/
And like you said a ''nice'' Suprise, Why dont player deserve this?, Why shouldnt a Random player who is subscribing to help the game get a nice 'suprise' if you wasnt staff bogie nor super rich you'd be half alright,
If Clancy Said tommorow she would do this you would Throw your arm up in the air and be like '' Ohh Clancy your amazing, I love this idea''
your Just a bum licker :P
If 'Clancy' said tomorrow she was doing this first of all I'd be like "Hey Heather, changed your name?" and I definitely would NOT think this is a good idea. Are you blind or something mate? Where in any point here have I said it was a good idea? If I thought it was a good idea then I'd say so, but your ignorance is one of the stupidest things I have ever come across in this game. Take the hint. I don't think it's a good idea and I sure as hell mean to say so, and I guarantee every other staff member with their own item given as a reward for their service, past and present, would feel exactly the same way.
No one is making more staff items, some more existed originally. Older staff collectible amounts varied depending on the staff member's duties.
Why shouldn't a random player get a staff item? Well the clue is in the name of the item. Why doesn't a random player get one for a $5 subscription? Well if it takes you several years to earn $5 mate then you need a change of career...
These items already are given out from deleted accounts, hamster give aways STILL do exist.
Your idea is shit. Accept it, move on with your petty jealousy and accept the fact that hard working staff who commit years of their free time to the game get a reward that you'll never come close to owning.
Again... do I need to remind you of the basic fact that you seem to be missing EVERY TIME that... if you're adding 'rare' items into the system en mass... they are no longer rare... and no longer valuable... Look at the crime enhancer items... once upon a time those were 'rare' and 'unique', people paid hundreds of millions/billions for them, they're subscriber rewards now... worth a couple million with thousands in circulation... The game defines 'collectible' items as any item under 100 in circulation... so your idea just self destructs on itself immediately anyway :|
Mentions: Alah_Ukbar [458166]
Lol so you think its about your Staff collectibles, What im saying is That the Staff Collectibles not 'NOT' in circulation , ones in the Hamster display, or player inactive for over 500 days The Lost ones as such should be put into circulation,
You need to stop getting so uptight and remember torn is just a game your not really a Gangster, or Thug, Thats for sure, I can imagine you getting all Worked up, ha ha
All your worried about here is the Fact you'd loose Value on your Collectibles, Stand back and look at it from a Common players (as you Stated)view. There only given to there friends, player who have been here years thats 19 in circulation (16 for you) How can new players get them they're not allowed to be sold now so Its unfair in my eyes.
And as for your Ignorance dont get me started you think your something or someone special, When you die whats your mum going too put on your Grave Stone,
'' He was a lonely lad who sat in his room, didn't achieve much in life but done really well on torn''
Pffft go out,
Holy shit, I've just remembered who you are! You're that guy who was continuously ranting in my chatbox before RESPO (Destruction your name was, right?) that the only reason I had money was because I sold off all my staff items (utter bs) xD
You were a jealous idiot then and you're a jealous idiot now. I remember having to repeatedly tell you to piss off after you were continuously begging me for one of my items (To sell obviously)
Also... again... you are clearly incapable of reading... hamster giveaways still do exist... The reason they're in the hamster's display is so they CAN be re-distributed at give away events xD
http://www.torn.com/old_forums.php?forumID=4&ID=16237376
Didn't you take the hint from the negative reception to your suggestion the first time? xD
Lmao xD Oh man... this thread is just priceless.
"How can new players get these items"
Mate... again... you are missing the point THEY DON'T
I noticed you had fun going around downvoting my posts, so I'm just gonna add a -R to this one and give up with you. You're clearly too thick to talk any sense in to. Have fun with this thread, but I guarantee you that you'll NEVER get new staff items credited to you, you're just a worthless, jealous, poor noob who's having a tantrum about not being given any staff items (there's a reason for that, take the hint, now that I remember your old name I can tell you for a fact that there are staff members who have looked at your previous begging requests and just laughed themselves silly at you).
I aint even goignt oo btoher rading all the crap your posting as im finding you rather boring now, I see the hamster stuff.....
Oh ok how many were give out in the last even 2 if that, and it was exactly Fair seeing as many of us couldnt join the IRC channel Torn cant handle the Scale of player for the hamster Giveaway i see my idea as being more fair, Its a matter of opinion,
Oh and here is a link you might want too look at.
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=jobs
Can some one close this before bogie and his corrupt staffys spam it with dislikes
Can we close this thread
Locked n graved upon request of OP