Regarding the RESPO Launch last week it seems not to be fully comparable with Internet Explorer. I have been using chrome and just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this
Browser Comparability Internet Explorer
Started by irish_don [1618064] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 20
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 15
- Likes on archived posts
- 20
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 37 / 100
- Story score
- 52 / 100
- Engagement score
- 59 / 100
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 1 likes ·
I use IE on my phone and haven't really had any/many issues with such things since a few fixes...
Mentioned in this thread
Catkin [1031290] ×2 irish_don [1618064] ×1 Jobby [1640111] ×1
Regarding the RESPO Launch last week it seems not to be fully comparable with Internet Explorer. I have been using chrome and just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this
Who still uses IE?
I use IE all the time
newer IE versions are quite good and everything or most things work fine if not bette
yeah but when I launch the webpage from it it appears that all the CSS is gone your just getting text
the only reason i ever use IE is when i reinstall OS and need to download chrome/Firefox[:laughing:]
I use IE on my phone and haven't really had any/many issues with such things since a few fixes...
I also switched to IE for Torn becauseTorn is less glitchy with IE, I have constant errors and pages will not load sometimes with chrome and firefox.
Even IE is glitch too sometimes, took me 8 tries to get crimes to work just now.
irish_don [1618064]yeah but when I launch the webpage from it it appears that all the CSS is gone your just getting text
It's probably because you opened https://www.torn.com(note the 's' at the end of 'http') and has nothing to do with IE. You can try it opening with any browser the result will be same.
Mentions: irish_don [1618064]
I only use Chrome,everything work fine.
firefox still wont load forums or jail for me. But IE works fine???
Maxthon and Chrome here, works fine so far on both minus occasionally not loading crime results and bazaars (leaving the loading dots chasing each other forever), which is fixed by a refresh and repeat of the process, slots not loading fully (leaving buttons unloaded and chat name bars transparent), again fixed by refresh, and the occasional leaving of HTML in the text of the window after hovering on an icon (like Drug/Booster/Medical Timer).
Yet to try IE, seems posters above have mixed responses. OP, your IE up to date?
IE 10 is clashing with a lot of the programs again. The worse one is the crimes, it goes into a continual loop that will not allow you to do crimes.
2. the forums bug out a lot while using it as well, you will start typing and it will auto replay when you are not done.
3. Player Reports you can no longer do more than one before it bugs out.
4. You can not send more than one in game message either.
I sure hope they get this fixed, I enjoy IE10
I use IE. I refuse to use Chrome. Google is embedding itself in everything and I'm really beginning to hate them as much as I used to love them. However, apparently IE is not compatible with attacking either. I keep getting hung up and then after about 5 minutes or if I dare refresh the page, the "atackee" manages to get away. Gotta love it.
Catkin [1031290]"atackee"
Sounds a bit like something Jackie Chan might shout before whupping arse :)
Mentions: Catkin [1031290]
justthejobby [1640111]Catkin [1031290]"atackee"
Sounds a bit like something Jackie Chan might shout before whupping arse :)
I could if he didn't get to run away ;)
I forgot to add that now the damn lag has decided a few times that I should run away. I don't ever run. I take my beatings dammit.
I usually use Chrome or FireFox but I switched to IE because there are less errors, sometimes with Chrome I could never get any page to load fully, with IE I have to reload several times sometimes but they do usually load eventually if I keep trying.
Crimes are by far the worse for me, if I get one to work, I almost always have to reload several times before I can do another crime.
I have been experimenting with a few different browsers on my phone but alas they all have problems. I am starting to think that the problem may not be with the browsers.
Ure the first human whose use IE that ive heard of