Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Anime recommendations thread.

Started by CatHead [1581564] on in TV & Movies.

134 replies · 904 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 135 / 135 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
135
Discussion span
→
Authority score
12 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

CatHead [1581564] ×4 GrkManga49 [10856] ×3 Darthbong [309951] ×3 marduke [426197] ×2 Gungrave [470221] ×2 Hermit [997432] ×2 Kim [582646] ×1 Remedial [1183134] ×1 -18- [1531198] ×1 Bezee [1685702] ×1 Beetlepimp [1761621] ×1

CatHead [1581564]

I'm fairly new to anime. I've only watched a handful:

Naruto
One piece
Death note
Sword art online
Attack on titan
Angel heart
Berserk
Pokemon

I like them all (except for perhaps pokemon, sorry) and would recommend them. For those anime heads out there, what would you suggest to watch next? There are so many and it's hard to get into some of them when you first start watching. Like berserk, when it first starts it's really drab and the first few episodes are boring- but then it all of a sudden gets interesting and sucks you in.
CatHead [1581564]
Blitzburgh [582646]How about finding nemo?

Finding Nemo is awesome but it's not the kind of thing I'm looking for.... :P

Mentions: Kim [582646]

Darthbong [309951]

Trigun
Yu Yu Hakusho
Hellsing Ultimate (i liked the original Hellsing but this has more too it)
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Ranma 1/2
Mirai Nikki
Elfen Lied
Angel Beats
Ao no Exorcist (blue excorcist)
To Aru Majutsu no Index
To Aru Kagaku No Railgun S (these 2 are still ongoing Manga's both i found enjoyable plus there is a new manga for another side character)
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (this one was crazy weird at first i loved it it tamed done in the sequels and had a very nice ending to it all)
AnoHana (this one was great but made me cry)

I can keep going but i feel i may overwhelm you xD
I've been watching Anime for a year now and cleared over 200 >.I've watch Dragonball and Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT while growing up i also say if you plan to watch those start with Dragonball i found that the best out of the 3
marduke [426197]

Cowboy Bebop(has a movie as well)
Paranoia Agent
Robotech(series that has a few movies)
Gundam(just about any series but SD)(franchise has a few movies)
Outlaw Star
Howl's Moving Castle(movie)
Spirited Away(movie)

One movie that's a guilty pleasure for me is/was Little Nemo. Its got a lot of faults, but its one of the few nostalgic things I partake of while aware of those faults.
Darthbong [309951]
CatHead [1581564]I've started watching Hellsing Ultimate. It's amazing.

After you finish that if your a fan of crude humor Check out Hellsing Ultimate Abridged on youtube its a fan based parody has 4 episodes updated every Hallowe'en.

Mentions: CatHead [1581564]

Remedial [1183134]
marduke [426197]One movie that's a guilty pleasure for me is/was Little Nemo. Its got a lot of faults, but its one of the few nostalgic things I partake of while aware of those faults.


Faults?

Mentions: marduke [426197]

Esper [422033]

You need more entry level stuff... like the stuff mentioned. FMA, Soul Eater, YYH, Rurouni Kenshin, Avatar (Yes it counts). Once you about 10% forget FMA, then FMAB and it will blow your mind. The circumstances behind it's creation are to blame for that.

When I say entry level, I actually mean the best of the bunch, but then again thats why they were dubbed into english first.

Then you will be ready for sailor moon, dragon ball GT, and Naruto shippuden (Prerequisite: This last two are not allowed unless you watched ALL the filler in the first show Naruto. You can just watch DBZ abridged to catch up and it's much better/funnier. Then the key to the secret final boss unlocks: A strawberry shortcake cover for "Let it go" from Frozen).
Cyrax [249578]

Dragon ball z? Is that this "anime" you speak of? I remember watching it after school when I was fortunate enough. I'm new to this kind of stuff.
maledict [1677916]

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10VJi96I5HJgYYzL1zaQPTL5lWlbLIXZmqffHbqguGaw/edit?usp=sharing


there we go much smaller post :P about 155 of the stuff i've seen. Can't remember more...most of it is worth watching at least once i think

Few of my Fav's: (that hopefully aren't already listed above, prob cause its so old hah)

Great Teacher Onizuka (old classic comedy)
Shigurui (Action)
Hunter x Hunter (Adventure - personally like old one better but remake is good too)
Prince of Tennis (Sports)
Love Hina (love comedy)
Steinsgate(Drama?/Mystery?)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Magical Princess - although this gets better when you've got misconceptions about this genre already)


damn i'm getting old :(
CatHead [1581564]

I'm now watching FMA. Burned through 12 episodes today. It's great!

The fact that the two that I've given a try so far have been so good really gives me hope for the rest of the things you guys have recommended.
Gungrave [470221]

No Game No Life - A brother and sister who are both NEETs(google it) and they've got an obsession with winning any game they set their mind to but at the start of the anime they've become bored with their world and are challenged to a gaming god from another realm. Well not to spoil too much but they're brought into this new world run by this god where all forms of crime and violence are forbidden and the way disputes are settled is through games and gambling.


You can find all of the episodes hosted online so just google the series and you'll find them easily and make sure to watch in 1080p since the series has some amazing animation and visuals.


ded [341315]

Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne

If I'm wrong, tell me, and I'll give you something in the genre you like.