Rated+ good suggestion
Collapsible Warbase
Started by Rekker [1761] on in Suggestions.
Posts archived: 101 / 101 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Rated+ good suggestion
Rated+
RATED +
Rated+
Like it. R+
Rated+
I agree that you should have a look at the Warbase.
I understand that it lagged the whole damn game the way we had it before, when so many people were refreshing it at the same time, but possibly there can be some sort of happy medium?
What about a page with just people that are out of the hosp?
Rated +
R+ Would keep things much cleaner
++
With you here Rekker
f**king brilliant :) new warbase sucks bad
I'm not exactly sure when, but hopefully this year, warring will be changed with chaining disappearing entirely for a short while. They'll be replaced with territory warring which will see far less (but more important) wars. That'll be the end of mass amounts of factions appearing within the warbase. Chaining would return, but it'd display as a single 'war' against everyone rather than an individual war against every individual faction. At least this is the current unconfirmed plan.
If you desperately need to be able to collapse them, it can be added temporarily but we'd need to devote resources to it - and then probably remove it once the new war system comes out. To me personally, it's not much of a problem as I can simply scroll past them.
Chedburn [1]I'm not exactly sure when, but hopefully this year, warring will be changed with chaining disappearing entirely for a short while. They'll be replaced with territory warring which will see far less (but more important) wars. That'll be the end of mass amounts of factions appearing within the warbase. Chaining would return, but it'd display as a single 'war' against everyone rather than an individual war against every individual faction. At least this is the current unconfirmed plan.
If you desperately need to be able to collapse them, it can be added temporarily but we'd need to devote resources to it - and then probably remove it once the new war system comes out. To me personally, it's not much of a problem as I can simply scroll past them.
True, but how often are you warring and chaining? If you're looking for friendly judges of how much of an annoyance it is, why not ask the staff and committee members? And if you don't have a timetable for the next update to chaining, why not have the temporary workaround to simplify things? I don't mind a clunky warbase for a few weeks, but a few months would get irritating.
I should also point out that you just gave everyone a massive heart attack, with all this talk of the end of chaining. I do hope we'll hear as many details as possible before that update is released!
Mentions: Chedburn [1]
Chedburn [1]I'm not exactly sure when, but hopefully this year, warring will be changed with chaining disappearing entirely for a short while. They'll be replaced with territory warring which will see far less (but more important) wars. That'll be the end of mass amounts of factions appearing within the warbase. Chaining would return, but it'd display as a single 'war' against everyone rather than an individual war against every individual faction. At least this is the current unconfirmed plan.
If you desperately need to be able to collapse them, it can be added temporarily but we'd need to devote resources to it - and then probably remove it once the new war system comes out. To me personally, it's not much of a problem as I can simply scroll past them.
To have the warbase temporarily collapsible until you are ready to bring in territorial wars would be great solution for now as members don't seem to scroll down to view the faction announcement, It is always first thing to see before and it would be again if you need implement this
Also with warring going offline I would hope that would mean dirty bombs were to also?
Mentions: Chedburn [1]
Chedburn [1]I'm not exactly sure when, but hopefully this year, warring will be changed with chaining disappearing entirely for a short while. They'll be replaced with territory warring which will see far less (but more important) wars. That'll be the end of mass amounts of factions appearing within the warbase. Chaining would return, but it'd display as a single 'war' against everyone rather than an individual war against every individual faction. At least this is the current unconfirmed plan.
If you desperately need to be able to collapse them, it can be added temporarily but we'd need to devote resources to it - and then probably remove it once the new war system comes out. To me personally, it's not much of a problem as I can simply scroll past them.
As far as I understand there will be better or worse territories. In the worst case scenario big factions will surround themselves with a meat-wall of friends and become untouchables. If the boarder factions get attacked. Just jump over to that faction from the big faction in the middle, defend and you are safe. This will become Torn-book. Gather most friends and you are set. The big factions won´t move an inch when they are happy with their territories. The only thing that will happen after that is faction jumping. Guys will move around and help their friends to get a good spot. The strongest will become stronger and the rest will lose interest.
Is this a possible future or am I wrong?
If done wrong territory warring may kill torn by driving lesser payers and factions away. Paying customers will quit. Staffers and committee members in competitive factions already killed half torn. Nowadays most players I know are staying with torn just for the lolz. But for how long will this be fun? Just saying what most none-staffers, none-committee members, none ass-kisser is thinking. Make it interesting for the new gamers and possible for them to compete and stop listening to the old gamers just looking after for themselves and their factions.
Mentions: Chedburn [1]
up
Almost to 100 R+
Bump
Rekker [1761]up
Mentions: Rekker [1761]
100 Up Votes, Where are the Devs ;) lol