Went skydiving when I was 15, was great fun and still have the video to this day (yes the old VCR type so was a long time ago). Loved it, would never do it again. Oddly it never cured me of my fear of heights.
Skydiving!!!
Started by SSB [1551642] on in General Non-related.
Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Went skydiving when I was 15, was great fun and still have the video to this day (yes the old VCR type so was a long time ago). Loved it, would never do it again. Oddly it never cured me of my fear of heights.
Ali_Bees [1445620]Went skydiving when I was 15, was great fun and still have the video to this day (yes the old VCR type so was a long time ago). Loved it, would never do it again. Oddly it never cured me of my fear of heights.
They must have different laws where your from bc here they won't allow you to jump from a plane unless you are at least 18 years old.
Mentions: Ali [1445620]
blue_eyed_angel [1551642]Ali_Bees [1445620]Went skydiving when I was 15, was great fun and still have the video to this day (yes the old VCR type so was a long time ago). Loved it, would never do it again. Oddly it never cured me of my fear of heights.
They must have different laws where your from bc here they won't allow you to jump from a plane unless you are at least 18 years old.
But they'll let you drive a car? That's stupid.
the thought of it makes me want to freak out haa haa. i dont even like jumping out of planes in grand theft auto cause it makes me uncomfortable lol.
I wish I'd done skydiving/bungee jumping when I was younger (not that I'm too old now) but I just don't have the bottle anymore. The opportunity/idea never came up before but I wish it had....one of life's regrets perhaps.
If that's what you want to do OP then good luck to you, and have fun!!
I've done skydiving and bungee jumping, Can't beat that buzz! awesome feeling.
Gogs247 [1531870]Have done over 50 jumps. Love it. If you like adrenalin rushes then nothing beats it.
Go for it
what he said!! you'll never get another rush like it!
Mentions: Gogs247 [1531870]
Shinnster [528781]Gogs247 [1531870]Have done over 50 jumps. Love it. If you like adrenalin rushes then nothing beats it.
Go for it
what he said!! you'll never get another rush like it!
Well I think that I am going to schedule the jump in a couple of weeks. A friend of mine said that he would jump with me since he as done it multiple times. Maybe I can just strap myself to him and jump. Lol!!!
blue_eyed_angel [1551642]Ali_Bees [1445620]Went skydiving when I was 15, was great fun and still have the video to this day (yes the old VCR type so was a long time ago). Loved it, would never do it again. Oddly it never cured me of my fear of heights.
They must have different laws where your from bc here they won't allow you to jump from a plane unless you are at least 18 years old.
Where i'm from they also allow you to drink at 18 ;)
Skydiving is legal at 15 years of age in Australia but only as a tandem jump. And tbh i'd never have jumped out of the plane if I wasn't strapped to the instructor. At 18 you can jump on your own but you have to have done a tandem jump first.
Ali_Bees [1445620]blue_eyed_angel [1551642]Ali_Bees [1445620]Went skydiving when I was 15, was great fun and still have the video to this day (yes the old VCR type so was a long time ago). Loved it, would never do it again. Oddly it never cured me of my fear of heights.
They must have different laws where your from bc here they won't allow you to jump from a plane unless you are at least 18 years old.
Where i'm from they also allow you to drink at 18 ;)
Skydiving is legal at 15 years of age in Australia but only as a tandem jump. And tbh i'd never have jumped out of the plane if I wasn't strapped to the instructor. At 18 you can jump on your own but you have to have done a tandem jump first.
I think it's crazy being able to drink at 18 legally. i don't think it should be aloud. Is it legal to drink and drive there too (and I'm being sarcastic)?
You can drink at 18 in New Zealand as well. Probably explains a lot of the teen pregnancies and fatal fights that occur at those ages and above.
I have always dreamed of rally racing for the entire day. I just love cars and the road.
So personally me I wouldn't do it. Its just one of those things you can say you have done it and accomplished what some won't do such as myself.
But if you don't fly and are afraid of heights I would do something you already enjoy and take it to the extreme. Just let the passion run wild..
For instance this next summer if I have enough cash leftover after school I will be turbocharging my car and will find a local track to rent out for the day and invite some friends.
Just whatever you will be proud of really.
Yeah, you should go skydiving. Of course it's got a small element of risk but it's much safer than getting in your car every day and driving! No, really, I looked into it.
But please don't go jumping at any random place - make sure you get a good place with good word-of-mouth and a big landing area. Some places will cheat by going to the lowest allowable altitude to save fuel. Other places just aren't well-situated, and you have to land into a small area. And yes, you will wait at the skydive place. You aren't allowed to go up if the weather is cloudy, so everyone waits. The best time to get there is early in the morning because if you get there too late and the weather is not with you, you'll have to come back the next day.
Edit: P.S. getting yourself on video or photo is fun and worth it for most people even though it does drive the price up.
Heroin.
blue_eyed_angel [1551642]Ali_Bees [1445620]blue_eyed_angel [1551642]Ali_Bees [1445620]Went skydiving when I was 15, was great fun and still have the video to this day (yes the old VCR type so was a long time ago). Loved it, would never do it again. Oddly it never cured me of my fear of heights.
They must have different laws where your from bc here they won't allow you to jump from a plane unless you are at least 18 years old.
Where i'm from they also allow you to drink at 18 ;)
Skydiving is legal at 15 years of age in Australia but only as a tandem jump. And tbh i'd never have jumped out of the plane if I wasn't strapped to the instructor. At 18 you can jump on your own but you have to have done a tandem jump first.
I think it's crazy being able to drink at 18 legally. i don't think it should be aloud. Is it legal to drink and drive there too (and I'm being sarcastic)?
Actually our drinking and driving laws are a helluva lot tougher than in the US. 0.05 is the limit for a fully licensed driver, and 0 is the limit for those with a Learners permit and those on Provisional Licenses (which people have to have for 3 years before being fully licensed). Plus we also have roadside drug and alcohol testing where the police set up a kind of road block and pull in anyone they wish and test them. I always blow a 0, I see enough carnage and idiocy in the ER to ever drink and drive or even drink out in public.
Oh and also as to being crazy being allowed to drink at 18, if you are old enough to go to war for your country you should be considered old enough to drink.
Ali_Bees [1445620]Oh and also as to being crazy being allowed to drink at 18, if you are old enough to go to war for your
country you should be considered old enough to drink.
Well thats a good excuse to use. Why don't we just put a drink in their hand we they start driving? I am not saying that I am against it but i don't think that teenagers need to be out there just trying to look cool. I don't have to drink to have a good time and have fun. I try to be a role model for my child and choose not to have my child around a bunch of drunks.
Mentions: Ali [1445620]
blue_eyed_angel [1551642]Ali_Bees [1445620]Oh and also as to being crazy being allowed to drink at 18, if you are old enough to go to war for your
country you should be considered old enough to drink.
Well thats a good excuse to use.
I don't think Ali is responsible for the laws in Australia lol...
It's legal to drink/smoke at 18 in the UK too, although I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone who didn't have a drink before that age. You're legally considered an adult at 18 (yet can have kids at 16, go figure..)
I'm a paratrooper so my job is skydiving when Im called in. It took a while for me to get used to it. My first time, my captain had to push me out because I said f**k this. But after that first time I fell in love. It is fun when you get adrenaline rush. (except mine has more fear because there's bullets flying at you lol) I definitely recommend it if you want to try something with an adrenaline rush.
I did it for my 18th birthday, it's f**king amazing, sorry for the language!
Can't explain it, mental, hope you have a good time my friend!
I'd recommend it to anyone!