Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bank Question

Started by Delia [206483] on in Questions & Answers.

5 replies · 80 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
25 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Delia [206483]

I know it's a silly question but I'll give it a try.

Question about bank, how much do you earn (in percentage) for 2 weeks to 3 months with 10/10 merits and is it worth investing merits in the Bank anymore if you are investing for example 1-2 bil?

Thank you.
McDallas [14757]

It's variable. I have 10/10 and my current interest is:
  • 1w(1.64%profit)
  • 2w(3.77%profit)
  • 1m(8.2%profit)
  • 2m(18.04%profit)
  • 3m(26.24%profit)
Nub [1514590]

Current interest rates are:
1 week 1.64%
2 weeks 3.77%
1 month 8.2%
2 months 18.04%
3 months 26.24%


I think it's worth keeping 2b in the bank, I bank weekly but that's because I like to get my money sooner.
Beerstein [1322136]

I don't have 10, but 2 weeks with 8/10 merits is 3.31%, 2 months is 15.84% profit. 3 months outright isn't recommended. Also i don't recommend more than 8/10 merits on it since that's 19 merit points that you can spread out amongst several low levels of combat bonuses for example. Sorry I couldn't be more direct on my answer there. The amount you gain fluctuates over time (it's not static)

As far as investing, there are VERY few I know of that shun the bank entirely in favor of short term stock investing. The bank is still the best just below LSC I believe for long term investments. You gotta be a real active stock marketer to shun the bank.

Edit: Interesting to see 3.31 of 8 merits vs 3.77 of 10 merits, I'd still not go 10 but it's a personal choice. Short term stocks will still ALWAYS pay out more than the bank, but again you gotta be an active sock marketer to dump the bank.