Nominee23 [1445026]Say what you will about the US' talent level and such. They play with such heart and passion. They never give in. They don't know they're supposed to lose and "be terrible" because "soccer/football isn't an American sport"
A large part of soccer is played in the mind. Organization and a positive attitude can make up for lack of natural talent in many cases. That is why so many underdogs get good results in soccer.
Mentions:
Nominee23 [1445026]
MachineGunSteve [184119]Doc-Holliday [1015507]Who watches this crap?
All the cool people.
All BS aside. I love watching these games. I live in the US and am a huge NFL fan. But Soccer is beginning to catch on here fast.
Mentions:
Doc-Holliday [1015507]
· MachineGunSteve [184119]
Argentina - Belgium coming up. GO Belgium
After a lot of upsets early on it's the usual suspects into the semis. Last 5-10 minutes of Netherlands v Costa Rica was awesome :) Krul is bit of a knob though.
I honestly have no clue who will win it all at this point... I give Brazil the least chance now due to injuries to Naymar and Silva being out, but who knows... they may rally BECAUSE of the adversity and fan support. I would say that Germany looks to be in the best form, but who knows?
I'm definitely going to watch the Germany/Brazil game. Since the U.S. is out, I'm going to root for the Fatherland.
Zee Germans vill vin zee vorld cup.
What a colossal beatdown Germany applied to Brazil... I never would have figured on that scoreline...
Jeez!
I hope tomorrows game is better than this one.
MachineGunSteve [184119]What a colossal beatdown Germany applied to Brazil... I never would have figured on that scoreline...
Jeez!
I hope tomorrows game is better than this one.
Better? It was epic!
Mentions:
MachineGunSteve [184119]
Beerstein [1322136]MachineGunSteve [184119]What a colossal beatdown Germany applied to Brazil... I never would have figured on that scoreline...
Jeez!
I hope tomorrows game is better than this one.
Better? It was epic!
I am not a fan of one-sided matches, tbh. I like good, competitive, games... 4-3 victories that go back and forth, or a nice come from behind nail-biter. I have no favorite, so a thrashing is just not my cup of tea.
Just my opinion.
Mentions:
Beerstein [1322136]
· MachineGunSteve [184119]
That is the worst i have seen brazil play. They have very little talent and with just 2 good players unavailable they where utterly hopeless. This has to be the worst brazil side i have seen.
Why on earth wasnt Coutinho from liverpool in that squad as a liverpool fan i know he is a massively talented player?
After last night i understand why Jose let David Louiz go from his Chelsea team. Jose knows what hes doing and if he lets a player go you know there is a problem with him.
David Lolz more like >>
[image: pbs.twimg.com]
Aaaaand farewell to the Dutch (don't worry, I'm not celebrating). Louis Van Gaal can begin life in the Premier League as an alleged Dutch Alex Ferguson, and mastermind of football (who, by the way, drew two consecutive games 0-0. Oh and that "master stroke" which was bringing on Tim Krul came about because the first choice goalkeeper has never saved a penalty, and happens to be a lot smaller than Krul... maybe I've tapped into a higher level of thinking, but doesn't that seem like an obvious choice?!?).
Alas, for all his credentials, he shall be unfulfilled... No World Cup trophy to keep him warm on those cold evenings in Manchester...
Kudos to the Argentinians. Won, eventually, what was a very tough game.
Smart money to win the tourney is naturally on Germany. Don't see them savaging Argentina in the same way they did Brazil, but they'll probs win through. Should be a fun one!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28235156
"Nigeria have been suspended from all international football by Fifa amid allegations of government interference in its football federation."
7-1 WTF! Would have been better if neymar and silva were in the team!
Not sure if I should watch the 3rd playoff match tonight, Brazil might be playing for their pride.
As an Englishman this hurts, Germany to win