Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

DayZ

Started by Remedial [1183134] on in Gaming.

9 replies · 87 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Vinn [1033165] ×1

Remedial [1183134]
A gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can. Players can live through powerful events and emotions arising from the ever-evolving emergent gameplay.


Currently in it's Alpha(which is open for purchase to the public), DayZ bring the apocalypse right to your home. In an open world infested with zombies and running wild with looters, your only chance to survive is to scavenge, slay the undead, and survive. You can make the choice to team up with others(as well as turn on them and loot their stuff) or run solo.

It's only out for the PC but the creator is in hopes to go to console if the game picks up in popularity. Anyone else been keeping an eye on this game?

Personally I don't have a PC, but the game-play and the idea of it are very interesting and not your usually zombie apocalypse shooter. Though I have to say, the undead games are a little overused over the past few years.

http://dayz.com/
Vinn [1033165]

I have the Alpha but it literally didn't work for me for like a month. I couldn't even get passed the main menu. Now it's working ok, but it's still a really bad game to play right now unless you don't mind spotting bugs for the developers 'cause you'll run into a lot of them.

But anyway, now that's over.. the original DayZ on ArmaII was hella rad. But honestly I'm excited for the standalone to take off. I'm just hoping that they'll allow private games with just your friends later on and smarter zombies (so that playing alone won't be so pointless, as the zombies now are basically punching bags). It's a good game regardless, I hope it hits consoles too. I can't wait for them to finish it and add in all that they've had in the previous DayZ.

By the way, I know this is off topic; but if you like DayZ you might also want to check out 7 Days to Die. I play that far more than DayZ and in my opinion right now in the stages that they're both in, it's the better game. (Though I imagine DayZ will be far better once it's finished, plus it has better graphics). 7 Days to Die is basically like Minecraft with zombies and other players if you'd like.
883567 [883567]

I tried that 7 days to die with a friend last year. It was absolutely terrible.
On top of that, they'd actually ripped models and animations from another zombie game. Not even joking. Think it was the Clots from Killing Floor.
Vinn [1033165]

State of Decay seems really fun although I've only watched walk throughs of it.

@LSD, it's much different now and they're actually making significant advancements on the game regularly. you should give it another go.
Gungrave [470221]
Vinn [1033165]State of Decay seems really fun although I've only watched walk throughs of it.

@LSD, it's much different now and they're actually making significant advancements on the game regularly. you should give it another go.


its a good game but its only a singleplayer game

Mentions: Vinn [1033165]

iRi0t [1581900]

7 Days to Die is pretty good right now, they have been updating the game frequently. I was considering also getting DayZ but they had bad steam reviews for basically abandoning their game.

PS: Annoying thing about 7 Days to Die right now is if you spent a week building a nice base, they may update the game version and you will have to start over at day 1 with nothing. Hopefully they fix that next update.