Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Best Anthem?

Started by Wind [444051] on in Music.

7 replies · 67 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Wind [444051] ×1

Wind [444051]

Which country's anthem do you feel has the best sound, or otherwise represents the nation and its culture the best? My favorite 5, in order, are as follows:

Russia
Israel
France
Italy
United Kingdom

I'm an American but honestly, our anthem is terrible! (Plus I'm originally from Ireland anyway)



Phill [362028]

I love the lyrics to the French anthem:
English translation
Allons enfants de la Patrie,Arise, children of the Fatherland,
Le jour de gloire est arrivé!The day of glory has arrived!
Contre nous de la tyrannie,Against us tyranny
L'étendard sanglant est levé, (bis)Raises its bloody banner (repeat)
Entendez-vous dans les campagnesDo you hear, in the countryside,
Mugir ces féroces soldats?The roar of those ferocious soldiers?
Ils viennent jusque dans vos brasThey're coming right into your arms
Égorger vos fils, vos compagnes!To cut the throats of your sons and women!
Aux armes, citoyens,To arms, citizens,
Formez vos bataillons,Form your battalions,
Marchons, marchons!Let's march, let's march!
Qu'un sang impurLet an impure blood
Abreuve nos sillons!Water our furrows! (repeat)
Marauder [436873]

The French national anthem translated is amazing, but musically I'm torn between the German and Italian. I'm Irish and it pains me to say ours sucks balls.
Wind [444051]

Honorable mention goes to Scotland the Brave. It isn't technically their anthem, but it definitely should be!
Ullr [1835846]

Can I be a rebel... Can I say Land of Hope and glory for England? :P yes i know its God Save The Queen, but seriously, land of hope and glory is so much better...
Wind [444051]

The British Grenadiers gets my vote for best military march ^_^

Edit: I forgot about Der Koniggratzer Marsch. That is also my favorite.
Nukem [1063346]
Wind [444051]Honorable mention goes to Scotland the Brave. It isn't technically their anthem, but it definitely should be!

No.

Flower of Scotland thank you very much.

Mentions: Wind [444051]