I seem to forever get this when I select Crimes from the left menu then try to initiate a crime. Clicking again on Crimes seems to bring it back to life though - so an annoyance rather than serious bug.
Wrong RFC.
Started by Chris-P [1773762] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 21
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 35 / 100
- Story score
- 44 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Mentioned in this thread
I seem to forever get this when I select Crimes from the left menu then try to initiate a crime. Clicking again on Crimes seems to bring it back to life though - so an annoyance rather than serious bug.
Can you please post a screen shot and give more details, like what browser your using, what operating system your on, and so on.
The more details the better please.
Oh okay sorry.
Windows 8.1, Firefox v30.0
I'll try and grab a screen shot but not much to show other than the left navigation bar and a grey page with Wrong RFC. written at the top.
It happens to me too. It always occurs for me when I open another torn page as a new tab(Firefox & Chrome browser). I will open either the forums or city while doing crimes like I did pre-RESPO. Once the new torn tab finishes loading while I am doing any crimes I get the wrong RFC.
It seems that opening a new tab of anything torn related while doing multiples of the same crime, with the try again button, will cause a wrong RFC to occur.
I got Wrong RFC whilst trying to rehab earlier, tried with Win 7using bothexplorer and chrome and then on my droid using chrome and firefox, same result. After a couple of minutes it just seemed to work when I tried it again.
i needed to carry out about 5 rehabs i think and i tried to do all 5 together as normally and i got the "Wrong RFC" so i did 2 rehabsand that worked, i tried to do the last 3 and the error came up again so i did 2 again and it worked but when i was trying to do the last one it kept throwing up the error until i chose to try the other browser and droid.
I also get it when buying alot of lottery tickets and click the button too fast. This is on firefox.
Same Windows 7, Firefox v30.0 and iOS 6.x running safari
when i first reported this to bl0ndie, she told me that it only happened to me and graved my forum post.
Turns out, I was the first one to notice it.
Chris-P [1773762]I seem to forever get this when I select Crimes from the left menu then try to initiate a crime. Clicking again on Crimes seems to bring it back to life though - so an annoyance rather than serious bug.
This happens to me as well. And also it will just hang in the air with the dots over and over , never finishing. I have to redo it , sometime several times before it finally finishes.
Mentions: Chris-P [1773762]
This is also happening on the player committee page. Where they vote and speak their opinion about updates. (http://www.torn.com/committee.php#/step=view&ID=40)
If you hover the committee member name, it will show their profile link, once clicked it doesn't bring us to their profile. Just "Wrong RFC".
Screenshot below.
[image: snag.gy]
Then clicked, brings me here.
[image: snag.gy]
Windows 8.1 Pro
Google Chrome
Version 36.0.1985.125
Hope this helps!
i getwrong RFC trying go to the gym
i do try it good 10 times then give up
Working fine for me today - thx Ched and developers
confirming, stll happens.
yep confirm still happening to me but much less often
it happen to me also I cant do any crimes now all I get is wrong rfc
Almost every time I try to join a custom race I get the same message. If I reload the page and try to join again however, everything is fine.
It looks like wrong RFC is fixed on crimes page. I can not repeat it after fixing. Could you check it and write here if there are any issue? Thanks.
It has been fixed for committee page too but only on dev server. It should be pushed to LIVE on Friday. Thank you.
Racing has become almost impossible for me in Firefox. Every time I try to join a race I get that message, even more than I did a few days ago. Doesn't happen in Chrome.