Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Church

Started by dom_sports [1608190] on in Questions & Answers.

20 replies · 328 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

liberta [1612678] ×3 McDallas [14757] ×1 Desastrez [648920] ×1 GeneralMoe [1735625] ×1

liberta [1612678]

Are we really sure it does nothing? I mean if it's based on reality, then of course praying and donating to the church do nill. There isn't some 0.000001% increase in casino odds or something unmeasurable like that?
McDallas [14757]
liberta [1612678]Are we really sure it does nothing? I mean if it's based on reality, then of course praying and donating to the church do nill. There isn't some 0.000001% increase in casino odds or something unmeasurable like that?

And that would still equal nothing btw.

Mentions: liberta [1612678]

Desastrez [648920]

It must do something. I highly doubt it's a plain & flat cash sink for the Torn economy.

There were some theories that the church increases chances of a nice shiny item spawning in the map...
CrazzyMan [1502419]
Nicolechen [648920]It must do something. I highly doubt it's a plain & flat cash sink for the Torn economy.

There were some theories that the church increases chances of a nice shiny item spawning in the map...

Sounds good!

Mentions: Desastrez [648920]

dunmugmeh [538353]

It probably does something in the background if there are no obvious effects. The only people who would know the background effects would probably be the coders.
Incognito [1697514]

I honestly remember a feature of a church from another game, it was remotely similar. You pray for 15 minutes, however, the outcome was unknown to the public, only to the developers. In that game, praying increases chance of finding items. Either, this feature is a hidden X mark, or it's justa complete waste of time. Check this thread out for more info on speculated results.

Click Here for Church Testing Theories

Mentions: Church Testing: Help Needed to test a Theory

liberta [1612678]
daphne [14757]
liberta [1612678]Are we really sure it does nothing? I mean if it's based on reality, then of course praying and donating to the church do nill. There isn't some 0.000001% increase in casino odds or something unmeasurable like that?

And that would still equal nothing btw.

It might appear that such a boost would be doing nothing, but even such an insignificant increase could be the difference between winning 200m on the slots and hitting the jackpot, theoretically of course in a very unlikely senario. It was just an example anyway, I don't want to start a debate on whether numbers above zero are considered nothing.

Mentions: liberta [1612678] · McDallas [14757]

McDallas [14757]

sorry not keen on a debate either, but anything that is unnoticeable is what i mean by nothing. it remains speculation basically and we're back at zero. the slots may have been a poor example as increasing a likelihood by what you posted is well, you know yourself right, and actually even theoretically, no.

yes i agree there is probably a purpose to the church, seems unusual to add something for no reason (time and money right), however i'm not such a big fan of unfounded speculation and we have a ton of that in regards to the church, so until someone confirms a tangible effect, everything else means nothing. you know that too.
GeneralMoe [1735625]

i donate small cash over 900 bulk and play Black Jack and i won in first game and dealer busted. but i do not know is that connecting in casino or not...
Tigrrrrrr [132684]
GeneralMoe [1735625]i donate small cash over 900 bulk and play Black Jack and i won in first game and dealer busted. but i do not know is that connecting in casino or not...



I won once too... and I didnt pray or donate.Could that be connected ?

Mentions: GeneralMoe [1735625]

MrClandestine [420229]
liberta [1612678]What about this?
[image: imgur.com]

Has anyone got this honor yet? And can possibly confirm it comes from donating/praying at the church?

I'm sure this is new, I certainly hadn't ever noticed this and I was scrolling through all of them a week or two ago.

Anyone else seen this?

Mentions: liberta [1612678]